I am going to be getting some extra cash for a guitar I sold to a friend and I'm trying to decide the best course of action here.

I have a Epi Les Paul classic in heritage cherry with stock Pups in it, I like the way the guitar feels but it just doesnt fit the genre's I want to play IMO as far as looks or sound go. The Classic was a christmas gift so I would never get rid of it but I was thinking about:

1.Painting from the Heritage cherry to Silverburst
2.Putting some hot passive pups in it probably Jb SH-4 and Jazz
3.Replaceing the Cream colored binding w/ White
4. Replaceing the Cream Pup rings with Black

After looking around I see that there is a Epiphone Les Paul Custom for around 500 in silver burst already that I could upgrade the pups in if necessary. I'm figuring on spending about 500 maybe a little less in upgrades for the classic anyway, would it be smarter to leave the classic as is and just get the already silverburst custom? I love the way the neck on the classic is is the epi les paul custom similar?

Thanks alot for the help and for those who took the time to read the extremely long post!
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
1. I dunno about painting it another color, i suppose you could find the black and silver similar to the silverburst, sand it down, and paint it.
2. I know a guy with an epiphone les paul with the same color who put the sh-4 and jazz in and he likes them. I think he plays a lot of blues and classic rock stuff.
3. That sounds hot.
4. If you color it silverburst, i say go with black. If you keep the cherry, i'd say white.

As far as buying a new Epiphone Silverburst for $500, you might be able to get that price secondhand, there are a few on ebay i see, but they're $600 new. I'm not sure what the stock p/ups are, maybe just Epi Humbuckers, but the seymours seem nice. I think the neck on the silverburst les paul is really smooth, its painted. Idk how the custom is.
both options seem good, minus replacing the binding. Most likely it would be waaaaay more trouble than its worth.

I vote for buying the Custom and replacing the pickups. Then you have two different guitars which has its advantages.
Quote by AviaCustom
both options seem good, minus replacing the binding. Most likely it would be waaaaay more trouble than its worth.

I vote for buying the Custom and replacing the pickups. Then you have two different guitars which has its advantages.

Thanks!
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!