Page 623 of 623
phattyhales
Everyday Driver
187 IQ
Quote by Acϵ♠
that actually sounds like a lot of fun if the nordschleife is a track day not a tourist farter day

Both the Nordschleife and Spa are private track days yes. I'm jealous that I'm not on the crew list for that trip but we have a shoot this weekend in LA that's going to be good and we just wrapped up filming this years feature film which is also going to be sweet!
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
$8400 usd huh? brb scrounging my couch cushions and piggy banks
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
phattyhales
Everyday Driver
187 IQ
Quote by Acϵ♠
$8400 usd huh? brb scrounging my couch cushions and piggy banks

Yeah USD. It's not cheap. But keep in mind it is all inclusive minus getting there. In other words, food, lodging, local transportation, all included. Not to mention a full day on each track in track rental cars with an instructor.
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
I can buy a tube frame car and run local ovals for $8400.

This discussion reminds me of my buddy who researches every formula 1 track apex, but the one time he tried autocross he couldn't complete a single run without spinning out.
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
local ovals? who cares about ovals lol this is the nordschleife and spa we're talking about
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Nurburgring is cool, but I'd rather run a track with lap times between one and two minutes. I'd like to feel a sense of progress and increased mastery by the end, instead of just noodling through corners.

Then you can objectively see your progress. I'd rather talk with the man who pulled two seconds off his Laguna Seca time than a guy who drove the ring.

To each their own, though. My best preference would be to do it all on gravel tires

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Last edited by JustRooster at Jul 27, 2016,
phattyhales
Everyday Driver
187 IQ
Quote by BobDetroit
I can buy a tube frame car and run local ovals for $8400.

This discussion reminds me of my buddy who researches every formula 1 track apex, but the one time he tried autocross he couldn't complete a single run without spinning out.

While this is true, you can't really compare circle track racing to road racing. You can also buy a Spec Miata a do NASA or SCCA (US) too. Keep in mind that the $8400 includes meals, hotel, and local transportation for the week. It also includes a full day private track day on two different iconic tracks not just under the lights for 20 min heats. You don't even have to supply a car, they are provided. No maintenance expenses such as tires, oil, etc. It's not cheap, but it is cheaper this way than if you were to try and replicate the trip yourself.
Quote by JustRooster
Nurburgring is cool, but I'd rather run a track with lap times between one and two minutes. I'd like to feel a sense of progress and increased mastery by the end, instead of just noodling through corners.

Then you can objectively see your progress. I'd rather talk with the man who pulled two seconds off his Laguna Seca time than a guy who drove the ring.

To each their own, though. My best preference would be to do it all on gravel tires

I agree, however, the ring is a bucket list item for lot of people. It is more difficult to master and for better or for worse, more crowded. Technically the Ring is a toll road and not a track, timing is forbidden on public days. You can get massive fines if you crash and they find that you were timing yourself.
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
Quote by phattyhales
While this is true, you can't really compare circle track racing to road racing. You can also buy a Spec Miata a do NASA or SCCA (US) too. Keep in mind that the $8400 includes meals, hotel, and local transportation for the week. It also includes a full day private track day on two different iconic tracks not just under the lights for 20 min heats. You don't even have to supply a car, they are provided. No maintenance expenses such as tires, oil, etc. It's not cheap, but it is cheaper this way than if you were to try and replicate the trip yourself.
I've run ovals and I have a closet full of SCCA trophies.
What I'm saying here is for the $8400 it costs to go to fantasy race car driver camp you can actually buy a race car and drive in real races.
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
eh, id take driving someone else's cars on world renowned tracks over racing some ratrod tuber on redneck american ovals tbh.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I mean it doesn't have to be ovals. Even my local oval has an infield for people to put lap times on. I think it would be really cool to build a time attack car and just run laps.

For my highschool graduation 8 years ago I was given a track experience and kart training which was really cool and taught me the basics. But if you already knew all that you could totally build a Miata for the same price and actually race if you wanted to.

The distinction is do you want to experience the track or a race?

Edit- I guess if you're rich you can afford to build a car and fly it to any track on earth.
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Today