Page 3 of 654
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
So it was a crash then hmm?
What are you replacing it with?

That's always good to hear friend

Yeah, I rolled it. Not my finest hour, especially seeing as it was entirely my fault (no-one else involved apart from my passengers).

Replacing it with a Skoda Fabia, covered on insurance. I know Skoda don't have a good reputation, but I quite like them. And it's made of cake

Thanks btw
Quote by mulletman500
Yeah, I rolled it. Not my finest hour, especially seeing as it was entirely my fault (no-one else involved apart from my passengers).

Replacing it with a Skoda Fabia, covered on insurance. I know Skoda don't have a good reputation, but I quite like them. And it's made of cake

Thanks btw

So how did you manage to roll it?
Sharp turn or quick turn at an angle?

Hmm, never heard of Skoda....Euro based company?
Pic?

I'll get me one of those. *sigh* So pretty.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
So how did you manage to roll it?
Sharp turn or quick turn at an angle?

Hmm, never heard of Skoda....Euro based company?
Pic?

Was going too fast for a bend and hit into a bank, which flipped it 270 degrees. I was aiming for 360 It was kind of fun, but I feel bad for my friends. However, we all walked away from it and didn't have to go to hospital or anything.

is the cake version

is the metal version
New skodas are amazing. If you're looking for a cheaper Volkswagon passat, get the Octavia- amazing. And what do you say for a first cat to be an old austin mini?
Quote by sunnysayshi
New skodas are amazing. If you're looking for a cheaper Volkswagon passat, get the Octavia- amazing. And what do you say for a first cat to be an old austin mini?

Good luck with the insurance, especially since you're a young male driver. Looking at your profile you've still got a while to go before you can start driving anyway. My dad considered getting me a classic car, but after looking into it further it wasn't such a good idea. I can't get classic car insurance because of my age (17) It can be quite expensive to find a running one too, unless of course money isn't an object. if you're lucky you could be able to pick up one cheap that doesn't need much work to get running. But insurance will be your biggest foe.

So I now have a Seat Arosa 1.0 as my first car
It still has the Wolfrace alloys from when it was first purchased, 2 previous owners and full service history. Left wing mirror has had a bit of a scrape adn there's quite a few small scratches, but they aren't noticeable. Right headlight has a 2 inch crack in it. But altogether its in quite good shape. Dad is replacing the cambelt and it's currently sitting in the garage.
We thought that the cambelt hadn't been changed as there was no mention of it in the service history but upon inspection it's not aligned properly, so clearly it must've been changed at some point. Dad will sort that out, he just assumed it wasn't very powerful due to the fact it's only a 1l engine.
Currently declared as of the road, uninsured. Will need to be MOTed in May. But I've got the registration certificate from the DVLA saying I own the car I can't wait to start driving it, can't wait to pass my test either. Had a driving lesson this morning, worked on clutch control (only stalled 3 times, which is a record for me ) and it will be reversing round corners next week. I generally kick arse at turns in the road and parallell parking though
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by sunnysayshi

I've always loved the Mini, so yeah. But they're not particularly safe, so I'm not sure how you feel about that. But the coolness makes up for the slowness

What does everyone think of the new Fiat 500? I loved the old one, but I'm not sure about the new one: doesn't have the cheap and cheerfulness of the original.
Whens your birthday? And does nitrous make colour flames appear in your exhaust? Nevermind these questions anymore I found them out.
Last edited by sunnysayshi at Apr 4, 2008,
Quote by kikaykitko

I'll get me one of those. *sigh* So pretty.

I drove one of those at a track day thing for my birthday (Im only 15 so obviously i cant legally drive yet). My stepmum had one too that was pretty cool
I drive my mum's toyota yaris with a nice big L plate on, plan to take my test in the summer, and maybe then get something of my own.
Quote by StaggHound
That's the problem with kids today. No upper body strength.
Back in my day, when you smashed a guitar, it stayed smashed.

Cunning Pikes

The one and only member of the Cunning Pike Club.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
man, those cars sound good.

heh, yea, its fun. Especially with the engine right behind the two seats.

I just hate the color, keeping black clean is a royal PITA.
I'm looking to buy my first car, are Mitsubishi Maraiges any good? I need a workable car that I won't have many problems.
Quote by LordSephiroth
heh, yea, its fun. Especially with the engine right behind the two seats.

I just hate the color, keeping black clean is a royal PITA.

mmmm. flat 6. splooge.

haha I used to have a black car. not only are they hard to clean, but even minor scratches are like, "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M A SCRAAAATCH!"

But if you think black is hard to keep clean, try getting a white car!
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Apr 5, 2008,
Quote by BigFatSandwich
mmmm. flat 6. splooge.

haha I used to have a black car. not only are they hard to clean, but even minor scratches are like, "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M A SCRAAAATCH!"

But if you think black is hard to keep clean, try getting a white car!

That's why you go with the neutral and get grey
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
That's why you go with the neutral and get grey

I showed up at my brother's house the other day (after having not washed my car for a few days) and he told me I should buy a brown car because it's the same color as dirt
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I showed up at my brother's house the other day (after having not washed my car for a few days) and he told me I should buy a brown car because it's the same color as dirt

Brown sports cars are hot.... a glossy brown? oooo buddy
Quote by slayer1516
I'm looking to buy my first car, are Mitsubishi Maraiges any good? I need a workable car that I won't have many problems.

Mitsubishi mirage? They're alright.
How long do you guys reckon it will be until this thread is dead....

No doubt the loser who doesn't realise that most of UG is teenagers will keep on bumping this thread and continuing to be pointless
Quote by markodeano1
How long do you guys reckon it will be until this thread is dead....

No doubt the loser who doesn't realise that most of UG is teenagers will keep on bumping this thread and continuing to be pointless

Aren't you really UG's smart guy?

Read rules.

gtfo.

^ to daytripper, that thing is actually not bad on the eyes. looks kind of like a Saturn to me.
(friend of mine has one and his car looks like a grey version of this)

What is it exactly?
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Aren't you really UG's smart guy?

Read rules.

gtfo.

^ to daytripper, that thing is actually not bad on the eyes. looks kind of like a Saturn to me.
(friend of mine has one and his car looks like a grey version of this)

What is it exactly?

1998 Honda Accord.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Well hey, the rules are quite set in place.

If you want to break them several times, it's your warning

Anybody a racer here?
I'm looking to get a few personal opinions on mods to put on the car i'm getting
that'll fit circuit, drag, and drift racing all in one.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder of course

you'd probably want to choose circuit racing for something like an eclipse

I doubt they could haul any real power out considering I'm pretty sure they've only got a small 4 cylinder, and they're not particularly small or light

And don't even TRY to drift it (FWD )

I'd say get some coilovers, maybe some light tuning on the engine, intake, exhaust, tyres, strip it out if you're comfortable with that
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
My car:

Dream car:

but i love my car
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Quote by BadgeMan
you'd probably want to choose circuit racing for something like an eclipse

I doubt they could haul any real power out considering I'm pretty sure they've only got a small 4 cylinder, and they're not particularly small or light

And don't even TRY to drift it (FWD )

I'd say get some coilovers, maybe some light tuning on the engine, intake, exhaust, tyres, strip it out if you're comfortable with that

If it can't drift, it fails....already....I MUST have a car with drifting capabilities.

There any Mitsubishi Eclipse models that CAN drift and still look sexy?
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
If it can't drift, it fails....already....I MUST have a car with drifting capabilities.

There any Mitsubishi Eclipse models that CAN drift and still look sexy?

all eclipses are FWD, so no. look into getting a mazda miata or a toyota mr2 if you wanna drift and still stay within the price range of an eclipse.

...which is something you should look into because RWD cars are an absolute blast to drive.
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich
all eclipses are FWD, so no. look into getting a mazda miata or a toyota mr2 if you wanna drift and still stay within the price range of an eclipse.

...which is something you should look into because RWD cars are an absolute blast to drive.

+1 'cept for the first part. Some 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses/Talons/Lasers were AWD...they were basically like cheap evos. Pro drifting is a RWD only sport, though. It's physcally impossible for any other drive type to drift like that.

Quote by Cal UK
Oh it's a Delorean!

Does this really look like a DeLorean?
The offer still stands, E-cookie for the winner. Heh..
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
wow, give me a fail pic now please?

When did you get that and for how much?

haha.

it was my parents actually. my old car was on its last legs, and they were getting a new Volvo, so i took the Honda. i dont know how much it cost when they got it. that was like in 2000. im fairly sure it was somewhere around $17,000-$20,000 at that point. but i might be wrong. it could have been a little less. maybe a little more.

Quote by Mutant Corn

Does this really look like a DeLorean?
The offer still stands, E-cookie for the winner. Heh..

is it a mid to late 1980's Nissan 300zx? thats what it looks like. except they came with t-tops standard, and that doesnt have t-tops, so im not sure. its definitely similar though.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by Mutant Corn
+1 'cept for the first part. Some 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses/Talons/Lasers were AWD...they were basically like cheap evos.

ah, I did not know that!
Banging on a trash can
I just had a thought...I've seen this done before. If you can find an AWD drivetrain from an Eclipse GSX or a Talon TSi, you can disconnect the front axles and have a RWD car to drift with. Good luck finding that though...and if you do, it'll cost you. I'm not so sure the Spyder is a good version to do that with though. More weight + less rigidity = bad for you.

Also, if your car is a 3rd or 4th generation (2000 or newer), that stuff won't fit.

is it a mid to late 1980's Nissan 300zx? thats what it looks like. except they came with t-tops standard, and that doesnt have t-tops, so im not sure. its definitely similar though.
Actually these were available with T-tops as well...not a Nissan though...or even japanese for that matter. Good guess though the body style is definitely similar. The big giveaway, I think, is the rear windows...they're the car's most defining feature.
pics again
for your
convenience
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 7, 2008,
^i figured it out. but i cheated. i'll still let other people guess. i dont want to ruin the fun.
So I have a problem. I own a 1994 Honda Accord DX and I replaced the rack and pinion on it. Upon further inspection, I decided I needed new Tie End Rods.

Anyways, I finished it up and my dad drove it in to get it aligned while I was at work and he said they couldn't do it because I was missing 2 Inner Tie Rods. Now, I was under the impression that the Inner Tie Rods came on the Rack and Pinion.

None the less, there isn't a piece missing. Each piece I took out is accounted for and I put things back the way they were with new parts. Me misplacing something is not an issue.

Do you think they're trying to rip me off by doing extra work to it? Can somebody clarify with me what exactly the Inner Tie Rods are?

Thanks.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!