Poll: Least favorite guitar company?
Poll Options
View poll results: Least favorite guitar company?
B.C. Rich
10 63%
Dean
3 19%
Gibson
2 13%
Fender
1 6%
Paul Reed Smith
0 0%
Ibanez
0 0%
ESP
0 0%
Jackson
0 0%
Schecter
0 0%
Voters: 16.
I would agree, it's the Dean headstocks I dislike but I like Dave Mustaines sig which has a 6 on a side style.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i voted for fender cos although telecastors sound amazing the designs are so damn boring i mean fender strats too common. plus fender strats imo are wildly over-rated and you can get every type of tone out of then oh yeah i dont beleive this. althougha close second was gibson becasue of the les pauls high action. but gibson have the explorer so that stopped me voting for it
This is gonna be a storm for BCR haters! But nevertheless, I veted BCR just cos I don't like the shapes. However, I have played a couple and really liked them.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I vote Dean.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Gibson....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
BC Rich. i like the assasin/outlaw guitars but those warlocks are just not my type.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Same exact thread got closed yesterday, by me nonetheless.

EDIT:
Quote by HighPotency
Title says it all. I used the search bar and it came up with no matches. I don't like Dean much but B.C. Rich is definitely my least favorite.

Wanna give a reason there, sparky?
Sure. I don't like their looks. I just cant get past them. And i don't like dean because of the big headstock and the fact that they just overkilled the whole dimebag signature guitar thing.
Quote by gooooog
i voted for fender cos although telecastors sound amazing the designs are so damn boring i mean fender strats too common. plus fender strats imo are wildly over-rated and you can get every type of tone out of then oh yeah i dont beleive this. althougha close second was gibson becasue of the les pauls high action. but gibson have the explorer so that stopped me voting for it

ever heard of this ancient technique called "bridge height adjustment"? Also, les paul was a jazz guitarist. of course the factory setup of his signature guitar will have high action. So your criticisms of gibson are a little flawed. Had you said anything about obnoxious marketing and a design department that seems to be on LSD during their work hours, i'd have agreed with you.

And if you like the sound of a telecaster but won't play it because you don't like the way it looks... you're officially one of those "in front of the mirror" guitarists

My least favourite brand would be Dean. I have not played a Dean that i didn't think had a horrible feel to the neck. Its difficult to describe really - it just felt un-natural to me. I also hate the whole "dime" thing which needs no further explanation because every knows what i'm talking about.

BC Rich would've been equally my least favourite, were it not for Dean's Dimebag corpse-****ery. The BC Rich guitars i've tried also had that same unpleasantness to the neck that i just couldn't put my finger on.

disclaimer: I'm in no position to say anything about BC Rich as a whole, as i have not played any of their high end, more 'respectably' shaped and constructed instruments. Although they look like they could be very nice guitars indeed.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
Sure. I don't like their looks. I just cant get past them. And i don't like dean because of the big headstock and the fact that they just overkilled the whole dimebag signature guitar thing.

You are aware that BC Rich makes Strats and LPs right? I don't think you are.
Quote by 3lusiv3
You are aware that BC Rich makes Strats and LPs right? I don't think you are.

yep, BC rich are kinda like Ibanez in that sense. People seem to ignore the non-superstrat-like models Ibanez make and accuse them of not having any variety in their production line. Likewise, people generally seem to think BC Rich only have the Bronze series, and only make those pointy, wannabe "br00talz" guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.