I am fairly new to playing the guitar and although can competently play soongs that are based on strumming chords I stuggle when it comes to picking individulal notes, are there any scales I can learn that can help me get better in that respect?
Cheers to anyone that replies to this
if you're trying to play songs you might be able to do it with just the tablature.
If you just need exercises to help get your fingers moving around the guitar then learning a few scales certainly wouldn't hurt - perhaps try the pentatonic scales to start off with as they're only five notes and so easy to remember. Then the major and minor scales perhaps.
Quote by nocarsgo
I am fairly new to playing the guitar and although can competently play soongs that are based on strumming chords I stuggle when it comes to picking individulal notes, are there any scales I can learn that can help me get better in that respect?
Cheers to anyone that replies to this

Scales aren't going to be of any particular benefit with the techincal aspect of things, arguable it's better to simply practice the particular piece that you want to learn. There's no harm in learning a bit of theory as it can make learning things easier. Your current issue is your picking technique and as long as you focus on improving your control of the pick and being accurate you'll get better regardless of whether you're playing songs, scales or simply chromatic exercises. However, if you want to learn to play a song then the quickest way is to practice the song itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com