I've dropped out of college and I'm moving out pretty soon.
I have no job, but was looking for one with some sort of training. However, these are quite difficult to find in the area I had in mind.

Do you guys think distance learning would be an acceptable idea if I'm really stuck?

Secondly, I was hoping to go through: www.ilex.org.uk or. www.open.ac.uk . For either law or English language (respectively).

I'm not sure why I want to do the ILEX course, I've just always toyed with the idea of being a solicitor. The Open University degree would make me go into teaching or journalism.

I am willing to put the work in that I need to, and I just need some help as I'm actually quite scared about moving out on my own .

Advice on making my decision and any past experience stories of a relevant nature are appreciated, please.

Tim
Your 17, you've dropped out of college and now you want to do a degree and you’re moving out with no job? How are you going to pay for your degree? The Open University courses are not free.

How are you going to be able to handle a job plus doing a degree, you couldn’t even finish college?

Have you really thought this through?
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosphy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Last edited by Dumbo at Aug 19, 2008,
I know I have voiced my opinion on this before to you, mate, but I think you should do the Open University degree. Also, don't be scared of moving out. Think of it as a big adventure. You might make mistakes but so does everyone else. Just go with the flow.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Tim, do the open uni thing. You expressed interest in it a few times when we spoke about it.

And dude, dont be a pussy, moving out isnt that hard... I thought you were the man

Anyway.... Good luck with whatever you choose, you big fat failure you xD
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Dumbo
Your 17, you've dropped out of college and now you want to do a degree and you’re moving out with no job? How are you going to pay for your degree? The Open University courses are not free.

How are you going to be able to handle a job plus doing a degree, you couldn’t even finish college?

Have you really thought this through?

I dropped out of college to move.
I don't want to start the degree yet, I just want to get my head around what I want to do. And I can get some fees subsidised