So i got my new guitar (schecter omen extreme floyd rose) with my new roland cube 30x.
beeeeautiful!
guitar seems a bit like, sticky on the neck though? hard to move up and down the neck quickly with it.. and the frets feel a lil funny but it runs nicely.. Any thoughts? also someone explain to me the floyd rose? bcoz those little twisty bolts just below the strings on the body of the guitar.. i twisted them down? was i sposed to? also i know about the locking the nut and etc.. what else should i know? and how do i use the guitar/amp to the best of its abilities? thanks
is the neck finished or unfinished? finished necks tend to be a little bit 'sticky'
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Mate sounds like u need some gutiar cleaner or lemon oil or something and then u be right. Just give it a good wipe down wiht some product. Or if u really have too take it to a guitar shop and they have a look and sort it out. Good luck mate.
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
i find that with new guitar necks that are finished, once youve played it more it will get better
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by braydz
So i got my new guitar (schecter omen extreme floyd rose) with my new roland cube 30x.
beeeeautiful!
guitar seems a bit like, sticky on the neck though? hard to move up and down the neck quickly with it.. and the frets feel a lil funny but it runs nicely.. Any thoughts? also someone explain to me the floyd rose? bcoz those little twisty bolts just below the strings on the body of the guitar.. i twisted them down? was i sposed to? also i know about the locking the nut and etc.. what else should i know? and how do i use the guitar/amp to the best of its abilities? thanks

First off you shouldn't have touched the Floyd at all - it should have been set up pretty well when you got it. I'm not entirely sure what it was you mucked around with, I'm guessing it was the fine tuners in which case, no, you weren't supposed to do that but for gods sake read this before you touch anything else.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah its a finished neck.. heres some pics.

how should i clean the neck so it runs smoother? with like spray n wipe do?
Quote by DimeDarrell666
is the neck finished or unfinished? finished necks tend to be a little bit 'sticky'

That only applies for poorly made guitars. The specs on most schecters look good, but you can write books about their shoddy finish/built quality.
The neck is sticky because they used wet (read: not dry enough) woods and didnt let the finish dry long enough befor adding a second layer.
The neck on my soloist is finished too, but it NEVER becomes sticky.

Here's a thing you can do. Get some 000 steal wol and get rid of the sticky finish. But know that the value of the guitar will drop alot.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 19, 2008,
ok i was fiddling with the floyd (dont ask me why) and a string fell out (the E string) and i got it back in and all and it works fine... but came someone explain how to tune this thing and get it to stay in tune! ive already read things and i still dont understand!??!!? i loosen the nut, tune, tighten the nut and its already out of tune from tightening the nut.. and i dont no how to fine tune using the floyd rose part... difficult.. someone help
The black screw things on the back of the floyd rose, which are parallel to your guitar. Those adjust the tuning after the locking nuts are down. Make sure these are about halfway, maybe a little further before doing the lock nuts, then fine tune.
STOP MESSING WITH THE FLOYD

learn how to use it properly first! there should be threads or lessons on UG that teach you how to set up a floyd.
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by braydz
ok i was fiddling with the floyd (dont ask me why) and a string fell out (the E string) and i got it back in and all and it works fine... but came someone explain how to tune this thing and get it to stay in tune! ive already read things and i still dont understand!??!!? i loosen the nut, tune, tighten the nut and its already out of tune from tightening the nut.. and i dont no how to fine tune using the floyd rose part... difficult.. someone help

Stop arseing around with it and read the goddamn sticky I linked you to - if you're not going to pay attention to valuable advice now then I really can't be bothered helping you out when you balls it up completely, and neither will anyone else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Stop arseing around with it and read the goddamn sticky I linked you to - if you're not going to pay attention to valuable advice now then I really can't be bothered helping you out when you balls it up completely, and neither will anyone else.

settle grettle i appreciate ya help but i read that sticky and still didnt understand what i was doing.. i was playing around with the fine tuner screw then the string fell out of the string lock insert. so i put it back in but im still not 100% sure how to tune properly, i used the sticky but to no avail.
If you can't figure it out through reading maybe look up some videos on YouTube or something. Still can't figure it out? Get a friend who's a guitarist to show you. Don't know anyone? Go to your local guitar shop with your guitar and politely ask them if they'll explain how it works to you. And you should tip them for their time.
D:
Signature.
Quote by braydz
settle grettle i appreciate ya help but i read that sticky and still didnt understand what i was doing.. i was playing around with the fine tuner screw then the string fell out of the string lock insert. so i put it back in but im still not 100% sure how to tune properly, i used the sticky but to no avail.

You probably are turning the wrong things. You may have turned the screws right at the back of the trem that are parallel to the the strings like this:

String      Screw
---------  =======

You should be turning these screws that are perpendicular to the string like this:

=
        !
        !
        !
----------

The screws that have the big rounded part at the top.
Sorry for the crappy diagram
Last edited by McCheese at Aug 20, 2008,
hey we got the same guitar man above
yeah i figured out SORTA how to tune it.. but not using the fine tuner, too difficult i dont get it its probably out of tune.
Quote by braydz
hey we got the same guitar man above
yeah i figured out SORTA how to tune it.. but not using the fine tuner, too difficult i dont get it its probably out of tune.

That's what I'm trying to say. The fine tuners are the screws perpendicular to the string just beyond where the string goes into the body. There's one for each string and they are slightly curved and and rounded on the top and jagged around the edges to help you turn them. If you turn them clockwise it tunes the string up and anticlockwise tunes it down. They are FINE tuners though so it'll take a bit of turning to show a diference in tuning. Bare in mind also that if you're using them you'll probably be putting pressure on the bridge and raising pitch so use the fine tuners, let go of them THEN check tuning and tune again.

Edit:

Look here

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/images/floydrose.jpg

You were probably turning the string clamp screws to make the string pop out.
Last edited by McCheese at Aug 20, 2008,
Unlock the string clamp at the nut, reset the fine tuners to middle position. Tune up your guitar.

Once sorted and in tune (with the strings stretched!), lock the string clamps. Now using the FINE TUNERS, fine tune the guitar now. DO NOT USE THE MACHINE HEADS TO TUNE ONCE CLAMPED DOWN.
Quote by braydz

If you don't understand then you ask

It's your guitar, we don't really care if you break it but I'm assuming you do. If the string fell out of the lock then you weren't playing with the fine tuner, you were playing with the string lock. There's big pictures in the sticky that tell you what all the bits are.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc