OK, so i have to write these two short Absurdist scripts for workshopping by tomorrow (hooray for procrastination)

and the thing that pisses me off, I can think of many different new idea and stuff but I need an interesting twist for something to keep going

OK

Scene 1. two actors (thinking male and female) talking to eachother on the internet and they are really close there, and feel really comfortable with eachother, but don't know eachother in real life... (or they just don't like eachother)

and i was thinking male and female for the stereotypical, they fall in love, but something is keeping them apart... which is actually their hatred for one another.

I dunno... I need to elaborate

Scene 2. Body Parts (each different actors dressed all in black with black background with each part highlighted and made obvious what they are)

Eyes, Ears and Hands, they start describing something nicely, then the ears and hands get scared/freaked out/startled that can tell that its changing (relating to changing personalities on a person) and they start describing a changing something while the eyes continue being nice, then the ears and hands argue with the eye's that its completely different, but he sees no difference

basically the morale being, people are not only skin deep, and if skin can't change as much as we as people can

I dunno something like that

Remembering that it is Absurdist (basically, weird, leading you on to think of questions but never answering them, wierd stage movement and wierd talking etc etc etc.)

so I thought whats wierder than The Pit

I don't particularly care if you think the ideas are complete ****, I just need something to kick in Inspiration to keep writing, get me in the Left of centre mind set
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
well their riding thier bike home one day when tom gets a flat tire
then you hear russel screm "FASTER TOM FASTER" you look around and thier's a group of hispanic's crowding around tom
he throws down his bike and screams "RUSSEL,WHAT THE ****"

they steal his chocolate phone ... ball in ur court now
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
ok, then the scalp comes and throws a fit because his left his cheetos on an purple cat, but then mr rodgers with no arms get angry at him because he interupted him while he was feeding his coolwhip
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by blue_strat
The first one is the plot to You've Got Mail.

I knew it was some movie.

If you're going for really absurd, you should make one of the two internet users a man, and the other a monkey.

The only thing stopping their love is the moral bounds of society!... and AIDS.
ok here is another one, zigfrid the gangster panda's washing maching fell to the moon and got caught in Michel Jackson's(who is obviously a doughnut) web.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by blue_strat

**** I thought it was too much of a half decent idea for me.

ok, Un-originality aside

and, lets just say, they can open themselves up to eachother, and there will be no like... talking in the scene, just texts they type to eachother on the internet, and, they DONT love eachother, they just... hate eachother in real life, but, can express things to them that they cant to anyone else?

And yea, Its for a year 11 drama production, my class is putting it on with all different scenes and stuff... no it doesn't need to be amazing
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
**** I thought it was too much of a half decent idea for me.

ok, Un-originality aside

and, lets just say, they can open themselves up to eachother, and there will be no like... talking in the scene, just texts they type to eachother on the internet, and, they DONT love eachother, they just... hate eachother in real life, but, can express things to them that they cant to anyone else?

And yea, Its for a year 11 drama production, my class is putting it on with all different scenes and stuff... no it doesn't need to be amazing

Try my monkey idea. It is absurd, it has the potential for humour, hate, love and surprise.
Quote by soulflyV
Try my monkey idea. It is absurd, it has the potential for humour, hate, love and surprise.

OK... i have replaced one with a monkey...

nothing else seems to be different... hmm...
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by centorium
well their riding thier bike home one day when tom gets a flat tire
then you hear russel screm "FASTER TOM FASTER" you look around and thier's a group of hispanic's crowding around tom
he throws down his bike and screams "RUSSEL,WHAT THE ****"

they steal his chocolate phone ... ball in ur court now

Lmao nice merging of threads! hahah
No one here, gets out alive
I like the idea of the first one,

but I don't think they should be talking via the internet, I think they should initially meet face to face, and have a love at first sight type deal happen, the void between them needs a symbol. Like a Keep Left (or Right) sign positioned at Back-Centre stage with no explanation.

All you do, is position the actors wide and deep stage position wise, have them yelling at each other, and as they learn more they come closer (until they stand right up nose to nose, but never come in contact. They trace each others movements (like a mirror) but never touch. Then the irate-ness begins with some fact that both of them have in common that they both hate (bad breath, odd socks, one smaller ear anything) this blows apart everything you've just built and have them cross sides of the stage move to completely un natural spots on the stage, but continue everything else as normal.

A brand new idea for you:

four people in a dark room, with one window, the sun rises, one searches for a ladder, the other 3 stay asleep or whatever. whilst character 1 is rummaging, character 2 awakes and asks "how's the weather" char 1 replies with " if i had the ladder i'd tell you" and the convo continues like that. He final finds the ladder and excitement ensues, he climbs it and looks out the window "so hows the weather?" 'the same as yesterday'. now everyone's totally depressed. The other two characters wake up and begin commentating, like a horse racer caller. they're calling the events of the last five minutes in reverse, so starting with the weather being the same and working back to waking up. the original two characters are motionless as this happens. They then all go back to sleep, lights go down...repeat...

the above is a depiction of the depression and anxiety of life and the hope that change holds, I wrote when studying absurdist drama last year... feel free to use it

end wall of text

EDIT: I'm full of these, if you want more let me know.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Last edited by Shredder XXX at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by ZaccB
OK... i have replaced one with a monkey...

nothing else seems to be different... hmm...

Now you are free to explore the grey area that is love between an animal and a man.

Also, you could make the monkey talk backwards.

Or have onlookers talking backwards, implying their view on animal/man love is very backwards.
Quote by blue_strat

My thoughts exactly.

And he's probably not tom hanks, and probably(well, maybe) isn't meg ryan.
Quote by soulflyV
Now you are free to explore the grey area that is love between an animal and a man.

Also, you could make the monkey talk backwards.

Or have onlookers talking backwards, implying their view on animal/man love is very backwards.

You could have the monkey talk in English to everyone but the man, and just speak in monkey to the man. So everyone else sees that the monkey is very human, so they don't have much of a problem with the man dating the monkey. But he thinks it's just an animal, so he has to get past a load of social taboos that only he thinks exist.

He doesn't know that the monkey speaks English to everyone else, and they don't know that it only speaks in monkey to him.
Quote by blue_strat
You could have the monkey talk in English to everyone but the man, and just speak in monkey to the man. So everyone else sees that the monkey is very human, so they don't have much of a problem with the man dating the monkey. But he thinks it's just an animal, so he has to get past a load of social taboos that only he thinks exist.

He doesn't know that the monkey speaks English to everyone else, and they don't know that it only speaks in monkey to him.

Very interesting.

It's up to the TS now! I like this idea, you should totally do it.
Everybody gets hit by a truck.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by blue_strat

I love the pit!

This should totally be a box office smash Starring Brad Pitt... and Selma Hayek as the monkey!

I can't steal such an awesome idea from you guys...

Can I be in the movie though?
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Thank you to everyone who posted... I got the first script kind of sussed out

good enough to take in to the teacher... seeing as there are no verbals, it doesn't need to be perfect.

and the only stage movements are waking up, then passing eachother in the hall with a smirk and grimace at each other

and no one liked the second idea?
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"