I have a crappy squier sp-10 amp and I want to upgrade. How much experience should I have before upgrading?
Any.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
You can upgrade whenever you like, if you feel that your current amp isn't up to par, and that getting a new one will make you enjoy playing more, then go for it!
theres no like, experience limit you have to be to upgrade your amp, its really just when you want to start shaping your style/tone. if you're looking for suggestions, you should include the music you play and your budget. But everyone that browses this forum is full of good suggestions.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Well, you should at least wait until you have at least a decent idea of what you'll be playing, and the tones you want to get.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, you should at least wait until you have at least a decent idea of what you'll be playing, and the tones you want to get.

+1

wouldn't make sense to get a metal br00talz amp now (dunno if thats what you play...) and then decide 4 months from now that you wanna play the blues...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
When you know what you want to play most, like Hendriko and Kyle said. And then, when you can afford it.
Yea i got the same issue type thing. Well i currently use a Marshall MG15DFX Combo amp and i dont really like it that much now...Ive been saving up to get a new amplifier for some time but im not sure which one to get. I also live in Hong Kong and ive saved up around 4000 HKD which i think is around 500 USD. I play mostly rock and metal stuff. From Simple Plan/Sum 41 to Bullet For My Valentine and Trivium occasionaly Children of Bodom type stuff. Any suggestions?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX

Amp:
Ibanez TBX30R

Effects:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
MXR Van Halen Phase
Boss Metal Core
Boss Super Chorus
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss DD7 Delay
just go out and try out some amps in your range - best way to find out what you want...

and yea, a new good amp is definitely another reason to keep playing the guitar/to play it more - i found that after i got my champ and adjusted to it i played a lot more in general (my "starter" amp - a pignose - is by no means a bad amp (i still play it in conjunction with the champ)...but tubes just kick butt )

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009