I have a marshall MG100DFX (a load of ****), it has the worst clean tone ever and I want a good tube amp with a good clean tone to plug my roger mayer classic fuzz into it. I saw the Laney LV300T is that any good? Any help on this would be great, Thanks
im pretty sure if you get stretch it a bit you can get a orange rocker 30

go for a nice tube amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

you'd get a lot more bang for your buck if you go used and you also have to remember that wattage isn't that important with tube amps, 50 watts is plenty for just about anything short of large outdoor venues, so bear that in mind
For £600 you could get a Cornford Harlequin. Hand assembled, hand wired and a beautiful smooth creamy tone. It's very dyanmic and responsive too. Great warm vibrant cleans.

Or if you really want really sparkling cleans, i guess a Fender would be the best option.
i have a fender hotrod deluxe, retails at about £450 on the internet stores. great amp for classic cleans, overdrive not so good so i use pedals if i want a bit of drive.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
is a clean tone all you need?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Second hand Deluxe Reverb, Twin Reverb or Vibrolux maybe?
Laaavly cleans on all of them, although the Deluxe Reverb won't be loud anough for anything other than tiny gigs.
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
I need a bigger than 30 watt amp though, im in a band with a seriously loud drummer

First off, watts =/= volume. Generally the more watts an amp is the more headroom you will have.

Second, 30 watts tube will probably cut it even with a heavy handed drummer.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
First off, watts =/= volume. Generally the more watts an amp is the more headroom you will have.

Second, 30 watts tube will probably cut it even with a heavy handed drummer.

Yeah, but If you want loud cleans you'll need a higher wattage than if you just want it loud.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Mine

his.

seriously, his! 30w valve is plenty loud enough for gigging with clean headroom too!