Page 1 of 2
So yeah. From watching Beijing 08 it looks like a lot of fun being there. So yeah hopefully in 2011 Ill have enough money to buy tickets and then once I graduate from highschool Ill be able to go to London with some friends. And then well watch the olympics. Any ideas how much this is gonna cost lol? Anyone else really want to go?
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
I might go, just to see the event that will bankrupt our country.
well, where are you now?

and London is expensive as is, they're going to ramp up the prices then
You might want to ask your parents there first little feller! Or at least try to look for reliable information. But I'm sure you will have forgotten about going to the olympics 4 years away by that time comes around. Pretty silly planning for next olympics when the current ones are still going on...
Quote by seljer
well, where are you now?

and London is expensive as is, they're going to ramp up the prices then

Ohio lol so yeah if I really want to do this I better start saving up pretty soon here.
Quote by Metallicaxp
Jesus H Christ, i'm gonna be 22 during the London Games!!

Man, i feel old
I'm gonna go and see something nobody watches so it'll be really empty lolz.

TO TEH PING-PONG TOURNEY!!!!
You (british people, at least) can sign up to be a volunteer/marshall at the games.. It'll be free to go then
There are much better places to go look at a construction site ya know...
"...To achieve this, our tickets will be priced fairly. London will aim to repeat the success of the Manchester Commonwealth Games, where 90 per cent of seats were sold.

Each ticket will also include free travel on public transport in London for the day of the event, to encourage spectators to use the transport system and take in the festivities throughout the city. "

Thats from there site. I wonder what they mean by fair? But anyways thats good that they have free transportation.
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by dRummeR94
"...To achieve this, our tickets will be priced fairly. London will aim to repeat the success of the Manchester Commonwealth Games, where 90 per cent of seats were sold.

Each ticket will also include free travel on public transport in London for the day of the event, to encourage spectators to use the transport system and take in the festivities throughout the city. "

Thats from there site. I wonder what they mean by fair? But anyways thats good that they have free transportation.

British public transports???

Quote by Moggan13
British public transports???

Whats so about that?
Quote by Metallicaxp
I'll have graduated that year. Unfortunately that'll mean I'll have just started work a few weeks ago. Seems a bit early into work to ask for a two week holiday. If only it was in June or July then I would have went.
Quote by dRummeR94
Whats so about that?
I see you have never taken a London tube in rush hour.
Quote by smb
I see you have never taken a London tube in rush hour.

nope lol never been there
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by Moggan13
Jesus H Christ, i'm gonna be 22 during the London Games!!

Man, i feel old

Snap
Yeah, I was talking to my dad about this. It'd be nice to watch some swimming and athletics in person, probably be a good day or two out.
"Organizers estimate that some eight million tickets would be available for the Olympic Games, and 1.6 million tickets for the Paralympic Games. They will be going on sale in 2011, with at least 50% of these priced under £20."

well there ya go. Now i just need to get to London.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
Our Olympics is gonna Fail. Really hard. And if you want to see quite a few events it'll set you back like £10000< . I will pass.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by trickmaster2451
"Organizers estimate that some eight million tickets would be available for the Olympic Games, and 1.6 million tickets for the Paralympic Games. They will be going on sale in 2011, with at least 50% of these priced under £20."

well there ya go. Now i just need to get to London.
They're lying. They said the stadium would cost less in total than they've already wasted on the planning. It's probably going to cost at least twice that per ticket, I'd expect.
Quote by bob farrell
Our Olympics is gonna Fail. Really hard.

The opening ceremony should just be a bloke cutting a ribbon.

That'd be f'cking brilliant.

Possibly have Chas n Dave singing as well
I wonder how many people will get squashed to death and die of heat exhaustion on the underground.

I predict triple figures.
Quote by bob farrell
Our Olympics is gonna Fail. Really hard. And if you want to see quite a few events it'll set you back like £10000< . I will pass.

The olympics never fail!
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by smb
They're lying. They said the stadium would cost less in total than they've already wasted on the planning. It's probably going to cost at least twice that per ticket, I'd expect.

Does anyone know how to convert euros to dollars?
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by dRummeR94
The olympics never fail!

We are english. World Champions of fail

Quote by dRummeR94

please tell me you didn't just say that, please
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Lol I'm hoping the exachange rate will keep most foreigners out.

Yay for the strong pound!

("Ya'll gon' get raped by it")

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
i wouldnt go...................lol, me n my mates think that some indian man will blow it up so just watch it blow up on tv lol no seriously apparently the worlds going to end in 2012, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8, im scared mayb satan will like pop up in the middle of the olympic stadium and butt-f*ck us all
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by urbanfox
The opening ceremony should just be a bloke cutting a ribbon.

That'd be f'cking brilliant.

Possibly have Chas n Dave singing as well

I'm expecting it to involve a lot of chimney sweeps doing a rooftop dance like in Mary Poppins.

By the look of the logo though it'll be one massive gay pride parade.
Quote by dRummeR94
It's not really relevant here...is it. One dollar is about 54p though.
I wish the olympics wasn't coming to the uk i don't want the waste of taxpayer money and foreign drug addicts or athletes as they're known here.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I wonder how many people will get squashed to death and die of heat exhaustion on the underground.

I predict triple figures.

Jesus-fucking-Christ I never thought of that, but you are right, the tubes, at least when I went to London, were packed as fuck, they are going to have to do something about that surely . . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by smb

Won't happen.

After the epicness of the Beijing opening ceremony, the British Olympic Comitee has decided that we're just going to have Paula Radcliffe run a few laps round a muddy field with a few sparklers.
Quote by saphrax
Won't happen.

After the epicness of the Beijing opening ceremony, the British Olympic Comitee has decided that we're just going to have Paula Radcliffe run a few laps round a muddy field with a few sparklers.
Will we be allowed to pelt her with rotting fruit? It is the British way.
Quote by smb

+1

Where the **** are they going to build a velodrome?

And it'll cost you a couple of grand...each if you're in the states.
Quote by bob farrell
Jesus-fucking-Christ I never thought of that, but you are right, the tubes, at least when I went to London, were packed as fuck, they are going to have to do something about that surely . . . . . . .

You would have thought they would. But they won't.

I could see TS trip being well over 5 grand if you plan on staying the whole thing and going to more than 1 event.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 2