Lookin for a good bridge pickup....thick meaty tone but still clear and articulate. good bass response...very smooth and creamy. Rounded highs, warm mids, and tons of bass.
oh and tons of output (yeah i know id still prefer passive) and because of that im leaning towards the DiMarzio X2N and D Activator X. any other formidable contenders i should look into?
What country are you in?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Bareknuckle nailbomb or warpig.
Duncan Distortion (SH-6)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I just checked out the bareknuckles and the warpig looks reallllly good...it's just the pricetag..wasnt quite expecting that :x
Well, you'd have to order from the UK, but the Swineshead Xbucker might cut it for you. That's quite a bassy pickup and has lots of output, though I really do mean lots by that.

http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/xbucker.shtml

^ Yeah. I think the Custom and Custom Custom are both better choices than the Distortion in pretty much every case, to be honest.
Quote by fire within
Bareknuckle nailbomb or warpig.
Duncan Distortion (SH-6)

+1 to BKP's.
Quote by forsaknazrael

What kind of amp do you have?
What kind of guitar is this going into?

this is what you want
Setup is Engl 530 Preamp -->TCE G Major Effects-->Behringer EQ-->Carvin TS100 Power Amp--->Marshall 412 cab w/ G12-75s. It's going into the bridge of a Dean ML 30th Anniversary guitar.
Right now the Xbucker is lookin really good, with the Swineshead Warthog close behind. Fairly decent price for made-to-order pickups too
duncan full shred in the bridge
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by kayman121
Right now the Xbucker is lookin really good, with the Swineshead Warthog close behind. Fairly decent price for made-to-order pickups too

the warthog is really nice, but it's more of an all-rounder than a metal pickup; it's noticeably lower in output than something like a duncan JB, if you're familiar with the JB.

if you want decent value, high order and bg pickups (based in the USA) might be worth considering. I haven't tried them, but they look like they might be the american equivalent of swinesheads.

Rockmonkeys (another UK-based pickup hand-winder with similar prices to swinesheads) would also be worth considering- i haven't tried them, but i hear good things, he's a member of this website, and there's 10% discount to UG members.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A lot of times the best pickups for metal aren't always the ones that are specific for that genre. Like the ones that says "tons of gain with this pickup" and all that. But I'd go Dimarzio dactivator
May not have as much bass as you'd like, but DiMarzio Breed in the bridge. Rounds off the highs and ups the mids for a thick, punchy tone.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by forsaknazrael
^No. Poor value, if you live in the US.

What kind of amp do you have?
What kind of guitar is this going into?

Yeah, BKP's are what, 180 per pickup in the US?
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Quote by hotsnakes
Yeah, BKP's are what, 180 per pickup in the US?

Going by what google can find they're about $200 for a single humbucker.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Going by what google can find they're about $200 for a single humbucker.

Which is just ridiculous.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Quote by hotsnakes
Which is just ridiculous.

It' not that much more than they are over here to be honest, it's only about $30 more than they are over here. A price I'd gladly pay if I actually had the money...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
^Eh, I'd be more inclined to buy a set of Stephens Design pickups, if I was going for PAFs. Or just grab Cord's RMGs.

Quote by kayman121
Rockmonkey beefbucker looks good too

Yeah, it's uber high output pickup, but because it uses Neodymium magnets, it's still got nice cleans, with tons of oomph when kick on distortion.
+ a billion to the BKPs.

To the lads in the US, get in touch with this guy. He's an official dealer and can get you sets for much cheaper than price you'd get converting from GBP to USD.

TS, ask for a ceramic Warpig, it'll blow your face off.
Seriously look into the not well known named brands suggested here like Bareknuckles and Swineshead, hand wound pickups are supposed to sound amazing.
Otherwise look into the DiMarzio D-Sonic for the bridge, excellently balanced pickups in terms of EQ and very high output.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Duncan JB's and Dimarzio Breeds have always been my favorite for metal. Bareknuckles for rock
Quote by Gibson_Left
Duncan JB's and Dimarzio Breeds have always been my favorite for metal. Bareknuckles for rock

Tried the contemporary BKPs?
Quote by Gibson_Left

You've obviously never heard a set of Warpigs, Nailbombs or Painkillers.

The warpigs make a Valveking teh Br00talz!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It' not that much more than they are over here to be honest, it's only about $30 more than they are over here. A price I'd gladly pay if I actually had the money...

they're actually cheaper in the USA than they are here, if you buy them off the BKP website, as you get to remove the VAT. The problem is that other things like duncans etc. are much, much cheaper in the states which makes BKPs look very expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?