Are there any grade 6 books out there with solo electric guitar pieces?

Are there any grade 6 books out there with solo electric guitar pieces? I've been searching on google only to find nothing. I'm needing something like this for performing at school for music and it's hard to find songs by satch/vai and artists like them to do cos their songs often have a mix from moderate difficulty up to way hard in one song.
Grade six Rock School.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Grade six Rock School.

is it that good? I've heard mixed comments about it. I've actually played a piece from the grade 5 book, I thought it was too ridiculously easy and not deservent of the grade 5 rating.
The pieces in the grade six book that I have all have their own challenging little bits to them, but overall they're quite simple. The difficult part to these grades is the sightreading and other theory work, not the actual piece regurgetation.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
The pieces in the grade six book that I have all have their own challenging little bits to them, but overall they're quite simple. The difficult part to these grades is the sightreading and other theory work, not the actual piece regurgetation.

yeah i recently did my grade five exam.

in the pieces i did really well, and if i had continued to that standard i would have achieved a high merit or even a distinction pass, but my sightreadings **** and as is my theory.

my improvs okay though

yeah so basically the pieces are overall quite simple, a few slightly challenging bits, but really quite easy if you practise enough.
yeah, basically what the others have said..
one of the harder things they put it are the time sigs, and quite frequently change them... that can throw you off
they give a good variety of playing styles though -- jazz, rock, funk, blues, fusion more... but i cant think of them from the top of my head.

make sure you have the newer books though, they changed them, beginning of the year or round that time... might be a bit off though....
How would you compare the pieces in terms of dificulty to Satriani's "Always with me always with you" and "Ten words"? Cos those are the ones I played last year.
Quote by Daveynator
How would you compare the pieces in terms of dificulty to Satriani's "Always with me always with you" and "Ten words"? Cos those are the ones I played last year.

Easily less difficult. There're no big fast runs like the slurring bit in the first modulation of AWMAWY.

Quote by Pinky19
im doing grade 8 now, and surprisingly, i find some pieces rather easy, im not the best player either, but one of the tracks at least i find difficult.

its more of the improvisational stuff thatll get you. and making it expressive and fitting the style of the piece.
and also the theory stuff.. knowledge of chord/scale structures and all that.
theres also a quick study piece, which you get 20 mins before the exam which you have to learn. they often use musical terminology (all the latin or whatever language it is words like crescendo, diminuendo, coda)
and theres the sweep study (with tapping)
Well I'm not doing the rockschool grades, I've been doing the LCM ones (will be taking grade 6 this december). Seems like they have more theory in rockschool than I expected. With a name like rockschool it sounds like it'll be tailored to the "I dont wanna learn theory it sucks" kind of mentality.
Anyways I need to get something soon to play that's grade 6 or above for my A2 music course. I feel I want to not do Satriani this time as I played 2 of his pieces during my AS course last year.
I'm gonna look into these rockschool books, I've gotta play more than one piece anyway so I may aswell.

Anyone got any other suggestions?