I play alot of different music, so the guitar needs to be able to handle everything from metallica, (think 'master of puppets, ...and justice') to skid row to a nice SRV blues ( think, 'lenny')

my budet is about 500 bucks canadian.
my amp is a marshall mg15cd
i dont see what everybody has against the MG's anyway, afterall, we all know it sounds totally slamming, and the overdrive is crushing.

no, seriously though, i hate the amp and it sonds terrible.
getting a new amp soon, but i need a guitar first.
so, suggestions?
just give me a fender and let me rip
You have a respectable enough guitar: go with a new amp first unless you hate your guitar with a passion.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You have a respectable enough guitar: go with a new amp first unless you hate your guitar with a passion.

i dont hate my guitar
i love it
its just starting to fall appart
and ive had it for a couple years now.
its just time to upgrade
Get a Schecter C-1 plus or classic. They both can get a wide variety of tones, play great, and look pretty damn cool too.
Get any guitar with a bridge humbucker and coil- tap it. The problem from going metallica to SRV is the pup output. The higher the output the more distortion, but sounds pretty bad in a clean or bluesy situation. Sooooooooo coil tap something, instant single coilyness for SRVish tones.
on craigslist i found a schecter c-1 elite w/ hardshell case for $550
^
ive never played schecter
how are they?
Quote by tracerbeast
Get any guitar with a bridge humbucker and coil- tap it. The problem from going metallica to SRV is the pup output. The higher the output the more distortion, but sounds pretty bad in a clean or bluesy situation. Sooooooooo coil tap something, instant single coilyness for SRVish tones.

So yeah, just about any Schecter. Try a C-1 BlackJack.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by dfinch10
Get a Schecter C-1 plus or classic. They both can get a wide variety of tones, play great, and look pretty damn cool too.

I've recently bought the C-1 Classic. They go for about $750 new on Musicians Friend before tax, but if you don't mind looking into 2nd hand gear, you can get a great deal. I got mine in great condition(1 small ding that blends in with Quilt Top under the pickups) for 360USD plus a really nice gig bag. It has Coil Tap, so you have 5 pickup choices with the 2 pickups. It can can easily do thick warm cleans, or bright crisp ones, and can do great distortion too. It plays silky smooth and sounds it too.

Oh, and Schecter necks are a bit thick. If you're the kind of person that likes Ibanez wizard necks, they might not be your thing. Personally I think they're very comfortable, and slick. So make sure you play a Schecter before you go out and buy one.
Last edited by doggy_hat at Aug 19, 2008,
I would say a HSS Strat or something like that. It'll do all those things, and is really easy to mod aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I would say a HSS Strat or something like that. It'll do all those things, and is really easy to mod aswell.

+10. One of the most versatile guitars you can buy.

Although, is there any way you can get your current guitar fixed up so that you can focus on the amp first?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.