so i decided to get a reverb instead of a delay. Which is the best reverb pedal for under $120? i mainly play classic rock and 80s rock/metal stuff, and i've got a les paul and i'm getting a jcm 800 within the next 2 months. I've heard good things about the marshall reflector but i've also heard that it has reliability issues. thanks for your help
EHX holy grail
is $114 or something around there
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Never used the Holy Grail (I just use built-in amp reverb) but from the reviews I've read and the demos that I've watched it is suppose to be the best one out there.

Plus three EHX Holy Grail recommendations in a row kinda points to the Holy Grail
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Never used the Holy Grail (I just use built-in amp reverb) but from the reviews I've read and the demos that I've watched it is suppose to be the best one out there.

Plus three EHX Holy Grail recommendations in a row kinda points to the Holy Grail

does it work with batteries or only with an adapter? cause i need something with batteries for gigs since i don't have a power source
Quote by texico11
They dont have plugs at a gig? :S

not always, at least where i usually play i might get a dc brick later this year but i've heard that hums like **** when used in the 18v and i've got a slash wah. any other reverbs?
Get a quadbox:

Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by guitar/bass76
What about a Verbzilla?

More versatile then a Holy Grail, in my opinion.

how does it compare to the reflector?
Quote by Schneiderman
Get a quadbox:

yeah i know but i have found by experience that here in lima, peru a pedal hums when connected to an adapter.
Do they always hum or only in certain places? It could be poor wiring. You should read this: http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/safety/index.php

I work for a music production company, I've never seen it but most of my coworkers have seen a guitarist get zapped.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I'm actually in the market for a reverb pedal myself. I think I've settled on the EHX Grail Plus. I really like the samples of the Line 6 Verbzilla, but I've heard of reliability issues. Plus good luck finding a Verbzilla. LOL
Quote by rhettro
Plus good luck finding a Verbzilla. LOL

Have you checked like, every major retailer?

Either way, I think a side by side comparison is usually best in any case.
Quote by guitar/bass76

Have you checked like, every major retailer?

Either way, I think a side by side comparison is usually best in any case.

I have, no one in Phoenix stocks them. All online venders won't have any in stock until mid September. At least that's been my experience so far.
will the verbzilla in any way suck my tone? how does the verbzilla compare with the reflector?
Last edited by slashfan31 at Aug 19, 2008,
Ehx
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by slashfan31
will the verbzilla in any way suck my tone? how does the verbzilla compare with the reflector?

I didn't notice any tone loss with the verbzilla - I've never played the reflector.
right now i'm between getting the verbzilla or getting an mxr super comp compressor. which would help more for getting the sounds i want?
Quote by slashfan31
right now i'm between getting the verbzilla or getting an mxr super comp compressor. which would help more for getting the sounds i want?

the super compressor is only going to level your pick attack and add sustain or boost your pick attack and add sustain. you can also use it as a clean boost. the reverb is the better of the 2 effects.
Quote by mmjohn
pretty sharp pedal.

better than the verbzilla? worth the extra $40?
Last edited by slashfan31 at Aug 20, 2008,
one question out of topic: will a HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive work well with a solid state amp while iget my jcm 800??
Quote by slashfan31
better than the verbzilla? worth the extra $40?

i've never used the verbzilla...........i still like the ehx reverbs the best.
Quote by slashfan31
one question out of topic: will a HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive work well with a solid state amp while iget my jcm 800??

yeah you can use the tube overdrive pedals with ss to add a little grit to your clean channel or to tighten up your distorted channel. but i just listened to a clip of the cm-2 and i didn't think it sounded as good as the bad monkey. maxon , ibanez or bad monkey would be a better choice just my oppinion.
Quote by mmjohn
yeah you can use the tube overdrive pedals with ss to add a little grit to your clean channel or to tighten up your distorted channel. but i just listened to a clip of the cm-2 and i didn't think it sounded as good as the bad monkey. maxon , ibanez or bad monkey would be a better choice just my oppinion.

something like an ibanez ts9? does it do sounds like 70s rock and a good blues tone?
everyone points to the EHX and he DOESN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Used Dano Spring King.
Quote by danyellenik
everyone points to the EHX and he DOESN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT

i can't get the ehx for power reasons that i cant solve. i can't explain it really well cause english isn't my first language i speak spanish. i'm getting the verbzilla and an overdrive, that's why im asking for the tubescreamer. if anybody could help me on the tubescreamer i would really appreciate it
Last edited by slashfan31 at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by slashfan31
not always, at least where i usually play i might get a dc brick later this year but i've heard that hums like **** when used in the 18v and i've got a slash wah. any other reverbs?

do you run your amp off of a battery then?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.