Basically, are these amps very good? I'm thinking about buying one, to upgrade from my micro cube. I'm going to play it before I buy it obviously, but what are your experiences with them?
MicroCube is better. Don't buy one. Ever. Or a Marshall MG. Ever.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
MicroCube is better. Don't buy one. Ever. Or a Marshall MG. Ever.

I have a MicroCube and a Spider III 15w. I prefer the Spider. So sue me.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
i definately agree with pinky if you're going to buy amodeling amp buy a valvetronix from vox they are a million times better they actually have a good digital sound
Gear:
MIM Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
Marshall BB-2 Bluesbreaker
Maxon OD808 Overdrive

Quote by demonsheep
Get out of bed; Slap them with your dick.
Quote by Ghold125
this thread has been made 1000's of times, use the search bar

*reported*

Thanks for keeping things awesome buddy. But seriously, I'll check out Vox's Valvetronix, if it's that much better than Line6's like people are saying.
dude the spiders are great for what they are which is a step up from a little 10 watt amp but still not great sounding. they are best for like high end amateurs like on a scale of 1-10 if 4-6 is intermediate they are like 3, with the really crappy 5-10 watt amps being 1-2
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Hey, I'm a dork who plays in his living room but don't take my word for it.

Look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8TAhnBZrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3OsbnbbXo&feature=related
with a limited edition Les Paul Standard

That's a 75W and he's just a guitar teacher. So he probably doesn't know much...
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Last edited by Dav23 at Aug 19, 2008,
I have a Spider III 15, does the job for me! If your not a tone jerk like some on here then i dont see what the problems are Lol Dont go with the hype dude, there good amps.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Get a Line 6 flextone III but definitely not a spider III
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
I have a MicroCube and a Spider III 15w. I prefer the Spider. So sue me.

I shall.

Spiders are terrible. I've had to deal with one almost my entire career as a guitarist. The Microcube on the otherhand is a great sounding amp for what it is.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
I shall.

Spiders are terrible. I've had to deal with one almost my entire career as a guitarist. The Microcube on the otherhand is a great sounding amp for what it is.

It is a really good sounding amp for what it is. BUt I want to move up to somethinga bit bigger. I want to test out a Vox Valetrronix now .
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
It is a really good sounding amp for what it is. BUt I want to move up to somethinga bit bigger. I want to test out a Vox Valetrronix now .

VTs are good, especially the XLs, but I still like Cubes a bit better. Despite the lack of a tube in the preamp, they somehow sound less processed than a VT.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by 666-JoE-666
I have a Spider III 15, does the job for me! If your not a tone jerk like some on here then i dont see what the problems are Lol Dont go with the hype dude, there good amps.

Amen.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by 666-JoE-666

No no. They're fiiiine for practise amps, but when you're upgrading from a practise amp like a Micro Cube to something which you can use for gigging and jamming, they are certainly NOT good amps. People don't say these things for no reason.

Even the link that the other guy gave with the review of the Les Paul, the guy says that he uses it for practise at low volumes. Kind of provin the point a little.

As for an actual amp for the thread starter. What is your budget and what sort of music do you play?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Not many people on UG are going to tell you to get a Spider...but the truth is there decent begginer amps, and you can get some nice sounds of it if you try, obvioulsy it's not going to be MESA/boogie quality sound, but it's still decent.

I played one for a while and it suited me for the time, I've recently upgraded now though.....so yeh.....pm me if you want a 75watt. (yeh, this last bit kind voids what I said at first, but it's true none the less)
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
They're horrible. That's why I gave up mine for a Vox.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
If you get the spider, definatly try this setting:

OFF
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon for hating on Solid State amps but...

My friend recently got a III and I played it.

And Honestly, I couldn't get one single good tone out of it.

Maybe it was just his horrible offbrand strat, but I dunno.

Use the search tool.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure