...alright. What is your point, exactly?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Actually, Its Eighth note = 320. So if you read as most songs have it, as a quarter note, its only about 160.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Quote by Theta
Actually, Its Eighth note = 320. So if you read as most songs have it, as a quarter note, its only about 160.

yup. They could have just put quarter note = 160 but that wouldn't sound nearly as impressive as 320. I mean this is Dream Theater were talking about, they're way above doing something at 160 cause they went to Berkley n stuff, and Petrucci is a god.

But seriously it is pretty silly aint it.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMunky
yup. They could have just put quarter note = 160 but that wouldn't sound nearly as impressive as 320. I mean this is Dream Theater were talking about, they're way above doing something at 160 cause they went to Berkley n stuff, and Petrucci is a god.

But seriously it is pretty silly aint it.

Actually, the reason they put EIGHTH = 320 is because if you look at the time signature, it is in 13/8, so you want the written tempo to match the pulse of the song. If it was 13/4, then you would have it written as QUARTER = XXX.

PS - I went to Berklee and I'm not way above notating it properly, just like they're not. Haha
Last edited by PSM at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by PSM
Actually, the reason they put EIGHTH = 320 is because if you look at the time signature, it is in 13/8, so you want the written tempo to match the pulse of the song. If it was 13/4, then you would have it written as QUARTER = XXX.

PS - I went to Berklee and I'm not way above notating it properly, just like they're not. Haha

LOL good 1, you are correct.

Its just fun to poke at the shredder mentality.
shred is gaudy music
TS dude practice. that's all. it takes a long time to be able to play the music of your idols.

unless your idols include, something like, the ramones.
Quote by TroM
Look at the tempo....320 with 16th notes...

You don't know much about Petrucci do you?
Quote by GuitarMunky
LOL good 1, you are correct.

Its just fun to poke at the shredder mentality.