I have a Schecter stilletto custom-5 and I tune it EADGC. But when I first did this I realized that I would need a new nut if I wanted to stop the E string fom buzzing.
So instead of using a standard E string(whatever gauge it should be) I just uptuned the B string to an E. Now, the gauge for the string I currently use in order to get an open E is .130, is it bad for my bass that I've tuned a .130 string to E? Will it damage or warp my bass?

Also, I've had it like this for a couple months and haven't had any problems yet.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
uhhh i wouldnt see why you would have a problem. why dont you just get a heavier guage for the strings?
Is it not incredibly tight? You probably need lighter strings.

My 5er is tuned up to C and it's tighter than a thong on a fat girl.
To Blocbody:
If I got a heavier gauge of strings the E string would still be too small to fit in the nut and I'm too cheap to go get a new nut.

To Smb:
Not really, it's tighter than normal but not really tight and can bend it almost as much as the other strings. But will this hurt my truss rod? Deliriumbassist said something about string tension in a negative way in another thread and I don't want my truss rod to snap.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
theres a guy at my university that does a similar thing with his yamaha, he prefer's to have the high rather than the B.

Puttin normal strings on should be alright i think
Quote by Victory2134

To Smb:
Not really, it's tighter than normal but not really tight and can bend it almost as much as the other strings. But will this hurt my truss rod? Deliriumbassist said something about string tension in a negative way in another thread and I don't want my truss rod to snap.

Light strings up half a step is no biggie at all. Most strings up 1 1/2 steps is bad, which is what I was negative about in that thread..
I have it tuned EADGC as well and have had no problems with standard gauge strings. Tuning the B up to an E would add quite a bit of tension and will detune every 10 seconds (I tried doing it too) other than constant tuning and a truss rod adjustment nothing terrible should happen. If you're really having bad buzzing problems that come out of the amp from the nut (if it's just a buzzing that isn't amplified I wouldn't worry about it) consider changing out the nut. It's $10 for a new nut and you can get the shop to install it tailored to EADGC tuning, I'm sure.