so i have this electric guitar and i didnt want to spend 20 dollars on straplocks so i was told to put a washer on it instead, and i'm not sure how much the washer had to do with this but after about 3 hours of playing the screw comes out on the side nearest to the neck, and the part where the screw goes is stripped, i need suggestions how to fix this?
Fill with a paste wood filler. In the future always do this with any holes that you've taken a screw out and put back, original screw or new.
is it gonna stay?
cause we are playing at our school,
and i'm planning on doing a guitar swing in one of the songs.
Do Not!!!!!!!!! Swing The Guitar!!!!! Unless U Get Real Starplocks!!!!!! U Will Rip Out The Existing Strap Holders, Break Ur Guitar, And Get Laughed At!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I believe that using wood filler is a bad idea. A lot of people use matchsticks or toothpicks and really strong wood glue and stick it in the hole and then rethread it. Wait for confirmation on that one though. And for the record, strap locks don't guarantee your guitars gonna stay attached to you throwing it around yourself.
well i mean i did it a couple times and it worked fine, luckily i was just playing when it fell of that could have been bad, so i need strap locks for sure?
yes straplocks would be a neccesity for something like that. though it DOES NOT garuntee ur guitar will stay attached it does raise the chances :/
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
dont use wood filler.

either use wood epoxy or cram as many toothpicks in the hole as you can, add wood glue and screw the screw back in thru the toothpicks. let set and it'll be fine for a year or so.
WITH NORMAL USE.

dont swing ur guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by in_ruin_101
is it gonna stay?
cause we are playing at our school,
and i'm planning on doing a guitar swing in one of the songs.

Idiotic kids these days.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
Fill with a paste wood filler. In the future always do this with any holes that you've taken a screw out and put back, original screw or new.

Smart man, but I use toothpicks.

TS, $20 isn't that much to invest in the security of your instrument.
^yeah i meant to put "wood filler" into little quotes like so. sort of to say, don't just buy any old filler.

it's fine as long as it's the right kind, like epoxy wood fill.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011