What are the differences in build quality between the LTD 200 series and the Ibanez RGs in the $400 range.

I know the Ibanez trems suck but do they have like better fretwork or body finishes or anything?

thanks
Quote by di$TOrTed
What are the differences in build quality between the LTD 200 series and the Ibanez RGs in the $400 range.

I know the Ibanez trems suck but do they have like better fretwork or body finishes or anything?

thanks

ibanez trems dont suck
Ibanez tends to use Basswood for their guitars while ESP LTD use basswood, agathis, and mahogany. All these woods are great and are merely a tonal factor in the sound of the guitar. I do know however that out of all these woods, Basswood chips and dents the easiest. Prefer ESP LTD over Ibanez anyday because the quality is better, and even the stock pickups for the cheapest ESP LTD are way better than any pickup Ibanez uses. I had an RG350 EX for my first guitar and i had nothing but problems with it. I would go with ESP LTD anyday
Quote by LiamBamBam
ibanez trems dont suck

The hell they dont. The Ibanez company makes their trems outta a soft metal which expands and contracts much easier. They DO suck
Quote by JackalUK
Only the edge 3

It's not a "crappy" trem, depending on how you define "crappy". While it's in good condition, it's a pleasent and reliable trem; the knife edges just wear excessivly quickly, since the materials used to make Edge III's are poorish.
I would go with an ESP. I own a Ibanez RG5EX1 now, and its just ok. The tremolo isn't very good. while it will hold a tune decently in standard tuning, it is impossible to go into alternate tunings without something such as a Tremol-No (which I now use and highly recommend). Also, you cannot use a D-Tuna or anything like that. Overall, I think the ESP would be a smarter buy.
Well assuming i'm going to block off the trem regardless of the LTD or Ibanez, I heard stories about the LTDs frets wearing excessively quick..... do ibanezs have this problem too?