Hey guys,

I'm sadly realizing that I cannot afford a new guitar that contains all of the features I really want in a guitar. However I do have a great solid Ibanez RG320DX. The 320DX, not to be confused with the currently available 350DX model, was a 600 dollar model, and includes a licensed floyd rose trem, wizard II bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard w/shark fin inlays, and a basswood body, it's a pretty nice guitar worth of customization IMO.

I've added F spaced DiMarzio Evolution pickups to neck and bridge, and next I would like to replace the tremolo with an original floyd rose. The licensed floyd rose in it now is kind of old, and wasn't a particularly excellent trem to begin with, it falls out of tune almost every time I use it. Which sucks because I like to play a lot of vai, satriani, gurrera etc.

Warmoth Direct has pdf specs on floyd rose originals and everything seems to line up almost perfect except the length from the top of the pivot down to the fine tuner buttons is 12mm shorter than the current trem bar in place.

This means I will not have to do any additional routing, which is good because I'm not down for that, but....it might look a little weird, and I wondered, is it going to set in correctly and play alright?

I'd like to hear from anybody who has had experience working with these trem systems, and especially anybody who has done it to an RG Ibanez.

Thanks again,
Andy \m/
"After all the practical reason why a majority are permitted to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest." -Henry David Thoreau
Oh yes, I'm sorry, it is a Lo-TRS II Ibanez floyd rose.

Great news, thanks!

I've only been able to find one place offering Lo-TRS Pro trems and ZR trem for sale, but I'm going to look into these trem systems as well.

Does anybody know about the the ZR trem's are they interchangable with this type of routing? anybody have a link for technical specifications?

Andy \m/
"After all the practical reason why a majority are permitted to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest." -Henry David Thoreau
Last edited by ReefTECK at Aug 19, 2008,
oo goody I have a lotrs. Floyd rose for me!!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by ReefTECK
Oh yes, I'm sorry, it is a Lo-TRS II Ibanez floyd rose.

Great news, thanks!

I've only been able to find one place offering Lo-TRS Pro trems and ZR trem for sale, but I'm going to look into these trem systems as well.

Does anybody know about the the ZR trem's are they interchangable with this type of routing? anybody have a link for technical specifications?

Andy \m/

A ZR would be a total bitch to put in, if you really want to do it though, a guy over at this forum is installing a ZR7 into a hardtail guitar.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=36452
I certainly wouldn't recommend it though.
fair enough! thanks for the link! XD
there's also the option of the mysterious "tremol-no", which mounts in the rear (lol) of the trem cavity, and will ensure perfect return when using the floyd.

stewmac offers them, check'em out. they're nifty little buggers!
------

Shwiggity.