Ok so I kick a** at acoustic guitar. Well not really.... but im good. But man do i suck at electric. I cant play anything on electric. All i get when i pick up my electric is a bunch of unwanted strings being hit, and crappy sound. All my Epiphone Sg special is doing right now is collecting dust. Lol. Just had to get that off my chest.
With an electric you have to learn how to mute the strings properly to get unwanted feedback.
Quote by evolve215
Ok so I kick a** at acoustic guitar. Well not really.... but im good. But man do i suck at electric. I cant play anything on electric. All i get when i pick up my electric is a bunch of unwanted strings being hit, and crappy sound. All my Epiphone Sg special is doing right now is collecting dust. Lol. Just had to get that off my chest.

im kinda like tht wen i go on acoustic ... well it doesnt sound as good i dont fink
Just takes practice -- acoustic and electric guitar are different enough that they aren't perfectly transferable skills.

You could also learn to mute high strings with left hand (lay fingers against them) and mute low strings with the edge of your thumb to prevent unwanted strings from ringing out, especially on high-gain settings.
Quote by evolve215

what are u trying to play on the electric? I guess its a song you've been playing w/ an acoustic. if its just plain ol' chords from leaving on a jet plane, there shouldnt be any reason for u to suck on electric. is your electric properly setup (tuning, etc.)? are you able to set your amp tones/volume properly?