I'm just getting into laptop recording for my band. Currently we just use one mic strategically place and record live together in mono through the mic input. My question is how much better quality would a recording be if we used a usb interface to record in multimono or stereo? I have two good recording mics, and just want to know the benefits i could achieve with a usb interface. Also I just use audacity, does other programs such as sony vegas give me better sound quality or just have more features? Thanks. We just want enough quality to hand out demo cd's to people...get our music out.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
I'm just getting into laptop recording for my band. Currently we just use one mic strategically place and record live together in mono through the mic input. My question is how much better quality would a recording be if we used a usb interface to record in multimono or stereo? I have two good recording mics, and just want to know the benefits i could achieve with a usb interface. Also I just use audacity, does other programs such as sony vegas give me better sound quality or just have more features? Thanks. We just want enough quality to hand out demo cd's to people...get our music out.

why dont u just multi - track?
Mono always, you won't really use stereo, If you want a stereo sound, just pan the track or double track and pan them eaither way.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Mono would work, or to save hassle stereo, usb insterfaces are good for recording and you can get the cheap - they nromaly already come with a recording software but if not audicity would work its just crap - so ive been told.

xx
currently i have one good mic going into the mic input...how much better would a usb connection sound, if any?
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"