Alright, so I've got a Squier Duo-Sonic, it's Lake Placid Blue, I want a pearloid pickguard, with a Super Distortion in the bridge, and a Lace Sensor pickup in the neck.. Which Lace Sensor would best suit Billy Corgan tone, red? Anyways, I'm hoping to get a matching headstock too. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could throw some aspects from Dinosaur Jr. or Sonic Youth into the guitar? Thanks.

Also, I'd like to add a third knob... 2 volume, 1 tone..... or, 1 volume, 2 tone?

I'm going to make a steel control plate also.. I'm using barrel knobs, like from a Precision Bass..
Attachments:
duosonic.JPG
Last edited by Zex. at Aug 19, 2008,
If you wanna rock out, seems like Humbuckers are a pretty good bet. I wish I had better advice on the Lace pickups but I don't.

I'd put two full size HB's in it, though. (just my opinion, as several of my Strat syle guitars are done like that and sound great for alternative rock)

Seymour Duncan '59 for the neck? Nice and gritty, beautiful midrange and highs.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Well, Lace Sensors are hot... so I'd rather keep it how it is with the pickups... Anyone thhink that'll look bad with pearloid on Lake Placid?
Quote by Zex.
Well, Lace Sensors are hot... so I'd rather keep it how it is with the pickups... Anyone thhink that'll look bad with pearloid on Lake Placid?

no.

do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
if your looking to sound like billy corgan this is his set up. Lace Sensor Blue in the neck, Lace Sensor Silver in the middel, and Lace Sensor Red in the bridge
Well there you go, definitive answer.
My Music
I knew that, but like, which will do the job best, I've got two slets to fill for pickups, and ones already taken with the Super Distortion...
So the Lace Sensor blue in the neck.
My Music
dude you may wanna do Lace Sensor Blue in the neck and Lace Sensor Red in the bridge instead of a super distortion. the Lace Sensor red is one narley pickup anyway
Kay, so, either red Lace Sensor/Super Distortion.... or, Blue Lace Sensor/Super Distortion... let's take avote!
I have a strat with lace sensors, you can achieve 95% of Billy Corgan's sound with a red lace sensor in the bridge position.

The red sensor is like a humbucker, and it sounds like a good mixture of a metal sounding pickup and a punk sounding one with distortion.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
The Squier Duo-Sonic comes in blue?! I thought it was only in that vomit tan.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
If I was you I'd put a blue in the neck and a red in the bridge. I have that in my strat and the guitar is as versatile as anything I've ever played. It can handle blues, pop, classic rock, metal, funk etc...
Hey supergerbil, i find that the blue one in the neck is quite overpowering, heaps of bass!

How do you find it?

What amp do you use?
My Sig Is Coming Soon
I use it with a Laney VC-30. It does have rather alot of bass, sometimes it sounds too much. But for the music I play lots of bass is nice and when I want trebley sounds the bridge or mid are there for me.
Hmmm, if I put the red Lace Sensor in their, with the Super Distortion that might just be way too much noise... but, if the blue Lace Sensor is bassy, I don't know how that will turn out considering I'm playing through an Ampeg V4 which is VERY bassy... Please help suggest a single coil pickup for clean-ish tone?