Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass Active 5 string, aint she puurrrrdy?

Will the bass guitars in the £500-£800 range actually be any better than this one cos if never played a high end bass guitar and I'm wondering whterh theyre actually worth it?
hmm squier...
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Squiers are usually good quality, but they're nothing amazing. Believe me, you definately get what you pay for with instruments.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
^ At least, you get what you pay for when you buy a squier. I think you should have gone VM.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
If you get what you pay for then this will be better than a VM, this is one up from the VM series.
I assume the quality wont rise massively, i.e enough to justify buying one, until I get over £600ish ($1100ish)?
I would've gotten a fender jazz MIM V if i were you.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
"i bet the B on that is very wobbly"

It is indeed, but I'm going to raise the action by loads as theres a fair bit of buzz on the other strings but other than that, this bass is perfect. Although to get the most out of it I'll need to get a decent combo.
"I would've gotten a fender jazz MIM V if i were you."

Lol, I would have to if it werent over three times the price, this bass was £240 where I got it but the RRP and price everywhere else was £270, most excellent value.
Quote by Spaz91
"I would've gotten a fender jazz MIM V if i were you."

Lol, I would have to if it werent over three times the price, this bass was £240 where I got it but the RRP and price everywhere else was £270, most excellent value.

I think your mistaking the Made In Mexico ones with the much more expensive the American version...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight