So I had a Metal Muff for about a year, and just two days ago, it expires. It just wouldn't turn on. So, I go out and buy a new one. I just bought the replacement Muff yesterday and am afraid the thing already broke. It turns on, but the signal from the guitar isn't being sent to the amp. I have a Krank Rev. Jr. and cannot think of why those two pedal died on me. I run the guitar through the pedal, then the pedal to the amp. It always seemed to work, but now after two pedals I'm thinking that either I did something to make them stop working or Electo Harmonix has bad quality control.
Quote by stringmagician
You have ticked me off and if I was a mod, you'd be banned right now, but lucky for your ass I'm not a mod.

You're the kind of people that make forums completely useless.
You're using a power supply or battery?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
You're using a power supply or battery?

Just the battery right now. I tried using a power supply but it wouldn't even turn on with it plugged in.
Quote by stringmagician
You have ticked me off and if I was a mod, you'd be banned right now, but lucky for your ass I'm not a mod.

Quote by Someone18
Just the battery right now. I tried using a power supply but it wouldn't even turn on with it plugged in.

Then that just might be a sign your power supply is the issue
Have you tried each cable straight into the amp, could be a bad one.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Then that just might be a sign your power supply is the issue

Okay, that's fine, but wouldn't it still be able to send the signal through to the amp using the battery? It was when I tried it last night.

Alright, I guess this is my last Metal Muff then. Can anyone name me a good distortion pedal around the same price? I was thinking the Krank Distortus Maximus would be good.
Quote by stringmagician

haha, you're gonna return it right? Hopefully you just cant waste $100 like that. I'd take it to guitar center or whatnot and test it there.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
haha, you're gonna return it right? Hopefully you just cant waste $100 like that. I'd take it to guitar center or whatnot and test it there.

Yeah, gonna return it tomorrow. Are most Electro Harmonix products like this? Because I saw some that caught my interest.
Quote by stringmagician

Do you really need a distortion pedal with a Krank? Just get an overdrive, it'll sound better.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
^+1, that Krank looks like a monster. I would think it could grind out about anything on it's own.

Also, I've never had problems with my Muff. Mine's built like a tank.

Who knows though, maybe you got duds? I'd take it up with EHX, they could probably hook you up with another replacement since you've had two die on you already within a year.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.