hey i was wondering if i could get some recs for music that uses strings. like symphonic strings. a few examples of the kind of string sound, almost like a mellotron, im talking about would be similar to the synth at the end of sleeping stars by wintersun, in the back of my ashes by porcupine tree, and in the background of that one part in halo 2 when master cheif is falling next to the bomb and everything sort of goes into slow motion lol, and there is a part in ghost reveries where there is a mellotron in the back but it kind of sounds like a symphonic stringish synth or something, oh and ive added to the example list a few times now haha but this one will not be forgotten, in gettysburg the movie during chamberlains charge, the sort of quieter strings in the begining of that always gets me. the reason im asking is because i absolutely love that string/mellotron sound, and i sometimes even get chills from it if it perfectly fits the mood im in. i want to check out some more unique bands that use such sounds.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
alright, I can't make a thing out of that huge block of text

Kashmir by Zeppelin, I believe that even had the mellotrons
umm, not the kind of music i was looking for. well not that i think about it it does use the mellotron ish thing. i already have listened to led zeppelin for a very long time now though haha im wearing one of their shirts now
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.