Bugera 333's or 333XL

can somebody please quickly outline the differences?

pro's and con's?

thank you

Tom

XXX

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The 333 has 6L6 tubes in in and has a bit more low end. has a more compressed sound to it gain wise IMO. i love the way this amp sounds

the 333XL has EL34 tubes in it. has more high end sizzle IMO(which o dont like) has a boost feature on it called the "XL button and has a noise gate on the amp thats basically useless from what people say who have the amp. has that Peavey JSX sound to it. im not a fan of that amp
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
the XL has a "XL switch" that acts as some sort ob bass boost in low volumes.

also the 333 has stock 6L (you can swap for EL34 while the 333XL has stock EL34
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
so i'd be better off with the 333 and saving some money?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
so i'd be better off with the 333 and saving some money?

id say the 333 or the 6262/6260. but alot of people like 333XL
its all in what sounds better to you
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

unfortunatly i cant test them

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
unfortunatly i cant test them

well you can alway return whatever you buy. get one of them and try it for a week, then return it if it doesn't sound up to par sound wise. i know a few peeps that got 333 and then returned it for a 6262. and one guy had a 6262 sold it for a 333XL and know he loves it.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

true, i guess i can

i like the look of the XL just for those added extras,

i'll give that a go i think and see how it goes,

cheers mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
true, i guess i can

cheers mate

american music supply offer' like a 2 year warranty just through them plus your one year warranty with Bugera so thats 3 years of it being covered.

i didn't know about that till after i got mine in January
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by Tom Horn
true, i guess i can

cheers mate

If you go 333 you gotta get the XL if low end is important. The XL switches boost the resonance frequency of your cab. Personally, I like the way the EL34's breakup the speakers. 6L6's are just a bit too sterile for my taste.

The noise gate - I don't even use it.
FX Loop - Has levels for send and receive, very nice.
Pre Out - Adjustable level, very nice.

That's a tough one dude. If you can't play before you buy, hopefully you get that all important 30 day trial period and you can swap 'em if you don't like 'em.

Other wise, people hear things differently and we would just be guessing for you.
i'm in the uk so i'll be buying it through thomann probably....

but yeah the 333XL is looking the favourite, i couldnt afford the amp i wanted and i dont have enough time to save, so this is the best i think i could get hold of in the time i've got...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
i'm in the uk so i'll be buying it through thomann probably....

but yeah the 333XL is looking the favourite, i couldnt afford the amp i wanted and i dont have enough time to save, so this is the best i think i could get hold of in the time i've got...

isee that the Bugeras are more expensive out there.

i got my Bugera 6262-212 for $615 US
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

i have the 333xl, and i love it, the only thing is Bugera loads their amps with shitty tubes, and both 333 and 333xl are el34/6l6 capable, and here shortly i am planning to have the power tubes swapped to 6L6's when my tech gets back from vacation. I recommend the JJ Tesla 12ax7 s and their 6L6's and if you like the el34 sound but want more bottom end try the JJ E34L power tube, they are like the best of both worlds!!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
The 333 is like a Peavey XXX and the 333xl is like a JSX I think.

I thought that the 333 was modeled after the Peavey XXX and the 333XL was modeled after the Peavey XXL?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I thought that the 333 was modeled after the Peavey XXX and the 333XL was modeled after the Peavey XXL?

No, the Peavey XXL is the solid state equivalent of the XXX (as far as I know). The 333XL is modeled after the JSX.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
No, the Peavey XXL is the solid state equivalent of the XXX (as far as I know). The 333XL is modeled after the JSX.

I'm curious...besides the obvious looks and some features similar to Peavey amps...were do you guys get the information that these amps are Peavey clones...or "modeled" after Peavey?

These amps sound nothing like the Peaveys...they sound more like a mix of a lot of DIFFERENT amps companys.

Besides the clean channel...my 333XL sounds NOTHING like a JSX.
Quote by Fama

Oh okay. I'm not too familiar with Peavey amps other than the transtube series, 5150, and the JSX. I didn't realize that the XXL was a SS amp - now I feel kinda stupid lol.

Quote by BeerChurch

Well its pretty much impossible for anything to sound as amazing as the JSX
Quote by BeerChurch
I'm curious...besides the obvious looks and some features similar to Peavey amps...were do you guys get the information that these amps are Peavey clones...or "modeled" after Peavey?

These amps sound nothing like the Peaveys...they sound more like a mix of a lot of DIFFERENT amps companys.

Well, mainly it's the obvious looks, names and features. But they do share similarities in sound (I don't mean they sound the same, but they do fit the same playing styles, don't they?). I belive they studied a lot of different amps (Diezels too I think? Lot of amps anyway).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Well, mainly it's the obvious looks, names and features. But they do share similarities in sound (I don't mean they sound the same, but they do fit the same playing styles, don't they?). I belive they studied a lot of different amps (Diezels too I think? Lot of amps anyway).

I agree. The looks, names and features was obviously a maketing decision.

But it's interesting...because Bugera has a tone all of their own...besides being high-gain amps, they sound A LOT different than the Peaveys.

I actually think Bugera has much more depth than the Peavey line and they could have done just as well making their amps cosmetically different.

I guess I'll get over it...the whole "Peavey Clone" thing.

Ya know...thank goodness for Eddie Van Halen opening his secret book to Peavey and his Marshall Mods. Because jeez...Peavey was just CRAP before the 5150.

And now...almost every amp company his "enjoying" his old school schematics!