As I showed in my other thread, I just finished my guitar.

Biggest problem I have now is finding a hard shell case it will fit into. I just shopped around GC, Samash, and two local shops I deal with and nobody had anything.

I may have to find something I can cut the foam in... like a universal case or something.

It's gotta be sturdy enough to get stepped on. I can't handle this thing getting broken.

The body is longer and wider than a Strat, and the neck is roughly the same.

Anyone have suggestions?
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Haha, no time for that. I'm busy with building guitars.
My Music
try an acoustic case, and stick in some moar foam where needed
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
First off, Beautiful!

How about a bass hardshell case? Maybe that will fit.
Weekend Warrior
man if it wasnt for that extended tip it would fit i bet.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Yeah, but it's not just for function. I want it to look professional when I show the guitar off to people. (as this will be part of my business eventually - for now I just do repairs)
My Music
are you telling me that wont even fit a coffin case? if you havnt tried a coffin case try that, and if that doesnt work try a bass case like said before.
By the way, I'm glad to see that the custom build has finished. Looks incredible, genuinely! If you start making them, what sort of price are you looking at?

As for the case...may I suggest that you could looking into buying a rifle case and cutting into the foam? Could be a good idea.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Sure it will fit in a bass case or a coffin case, but this guitar is slightly larger than a strat. It looks retarded sitting in a huge case like that which would also need some extra padding to keep it from flopping around.

So its not just a matter or big enough, its a matter of finding just the right size.

The body dimensions are 20"x13" and overall length is about 39 inches.

When it goes into a bass case, the length leaves a foot of empty space at the head. A Coffin case leaves 6 inches on either side of the body.
My Music
Quote by Kurapica
By the way, I'm glad to see that the custom build has finished. Looks incredible, genuinely! If you start making them, what sort of price are you looking at?

Not sure. There's a lot of things to consider, but it will be an expensive guitar.

As for the case...may I suggest that you could looking into buying a rifle case and cutting into the foam? Could be a good idea.

Thought about it for sure. I just haven't started looking. I'll do that now.
My Music