Hey Pitties. I just got the "Orange Box" for my birthday. I installed everything alright, no problems. Then I tried to actually play one of the games, and I got this message:

"Your video hardware does not meet the minimum requirements that we have set for the game. If you choose to continue and run the game anyway, you could have problems with stability or performance in the game. We strongly recommend that you follow the link below and update your video drivers to the latest version available from your driver vendor."

Except, there was no link. Being somewhat computer illiterate, I did some research and tracked down some information. I've a dumpy Intel graphics card, but I was able to run a torrented copy of Half Life 2 about a year ago.

Anyway, I went to the Intel website and downloaded some driver updates (I think). When I started to install them, it said,

"These updates cannot be installed on this computer. Setup will exit.",

and then poof! back to the desktop.

Can anyone help me out? Is there anyway to resolve this without breaking the bank with a new graphics card?

Thanks.
Well, first of all, we're gonna need to know what kind of graphics adapter you have (Right-click on desktop, properties -> setting tab -> It should say "some monitor on X" where X is your adaptor).
Also the rest of the specs for your machine could also come in handy (right click on "My Computer" -> properties -> On the first page, last paragraph on the right will have your computer specs).
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Alright.

Display:

"Plug and Play Monitor on Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller"

Comp Specs:

"Dell Dimension DE051
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM"

Is that it?
You technically don't have a external video card. Yours is internal. You will defiantly need to buy a new card.
Quote by Ozzmark
You technically don't have a external video card. Yours is internal. You will defiantly need to buy a new card.

Yeah, you need a new card. Theyre not that expensive.
GO YANKEES!
You need a video card, but with your current setup, don't spend too much on investing in one.
Quote by milfeh
You need a video card, but with your current setup, don't spend too much on investing in one.

lol, that's basically a polite way of saying your computer's crap

I recommend ATI graphics cards, try something like the X1800 or the X1900
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Well, if your parents will allow you to order off the internet, I would buy at Tiger Direct(I believe is the name).
You did not just say "Pitties." GTFO.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by HostileFTW
Well, if your parents will allow you to order off the internet, I would buy at Tiger Direct(I believe is the name).

I'd have to say Newegg.
GO YANKEES!