I've been up for a while and cannot think at the moment. I'm writing out the chords for the Bmajor scale, but when I get to the D# and F# I am getting confused with the odd scales. Could someone help me on this?

EDIT: Nvm, go ahead and delete this thread, lol. I just had to write it out so I could visualize it.
Last edited by will0mon at Aug 19, 2008,
The chords in a B major scale should be as follows:
Bmaj
C#min
D#min
Emaj
F#maj
G#min
A#dim

And what do you mean by odd scales?
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Quote by will0mon
I've been up for a while and cannot think at the moment. I'm writing out the chords for the Bmajor scale, but when I get to the D# and F# I am getting confused with the odd scales. Could someone help me on this?

D#m is: D# F# A#

F# is: F# A# C#

no double sharps in B major... a relative like G# harmonic minor has a double sharp F tho
Last edited by inflatablefilth at Aug 19, 2008,
Well, while the thread is here; Has anyone seen the video of Vai himself giving a lesson on how to play 'Eugene's Trick Bag'? The tab on this site is very good, but I hear pray tell Vai's is well....perfectly accurate. I looked and couldn't find it, so I'd love whoever could post a link to it.
Quote by will0mon
Well, while the thread is here; Has anyone seen the video of Vai himself giving a lesson on how to play 'Eugene's Trick Bag'? The tab on this site is very good, but I hear pray tell Vai's is well....perfectly accurate. I looked and couldn't find it, so I'd love whoever could post a link to it.

it doesn't surprise me... before Steve Vai was a professional guitarist, he used to work for Frank Zappa, transcribing his guitar solos

if anyone could get a guitar transcription right, it'd be Steve Vai

Well that and he was the one that wrote/transcribed it or whatever, lol. But isn't that mind blowing? At age 16 he was already shredding and notating Zappa's crazy music.
Quote by will0mon
Zappa's crazy music.

For a second, I thought you said "crappy" and was about to post this...

Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.