I'm in the market for a new guitar and have to a choice. The Tokai EX55 or Ibanez Destroyer DT200? (My main criteria was the shape!)
From reviews, these both seem good guitars at fairly low prices. The particular Destroyer in question is also at a very reasonable £320 (includes Hardcase!). My main thought is whether the set neck on the EX55 exceeds the loss of the pros of the Ibanez? Unfortunately, i have no way of trying out these guitars so its down to people of experience to guide me.

I play rock and metal mostly, and this would be my slightly more extreme guitar, if you will. Hopefully this will complete my ability to cover every style i need. Any experience or advice on either (or both!) would be very appreciated. Cheers.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
well, that changes EVERYTHING!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-EX55-Explorer-Electric-Guitar-Black-Finish_W0QQitemZ270265019205QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270265019205&_trkparms=72%3A1121|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

"
Specifications
Made in China
Solid Korina body
Mahogany set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Tokai PAF MK4 pickups
3 way toggle switch
2 Volume, 1 Tone Switch
Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
Gold hardware
"

Tokai are fairly well known, but not huge in the USA i think. I already have a 50's strat copy made by tokai, which is very high quality.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
well, that changes EVERYTHING!!!
Tokai all the way!
there quality control is OUTSTANDING!!!! i just cant fault them!
i have a tokai and i love it to pieces!

i on the other hand
HATEEEE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ibanez!!

if i were youu, tokai all the way mate!

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
Well the fact that its made in china, i've never heard of the brand, and never heard of the wood dissuades me from being interested but that's just me. That guitar looks nice though. If you like your tokai you know you have a good experience with a brand so you can feel comfortable buying from them again..
well
whats the destroyer made of?

If it korina get the tokai if your looking for a warmer sound (on account of set neck) or the destroyer if you want brigher tone (on account of the bolt on)
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn