So as summer is neering its end I have just realized so is my summer job and
looking back i have realized i have made quite a bit of cash : ) so i was thinking of purchasing a new guitar amp. I was originally looking into the new krank rev jr pro full stack coming out early september, but then due to some complications with my brothers drum set which left me with $300 worth of in-store credit i realized that i now have almost enough money to purchase the krank rev jr's big brother the
Krank Revolution (+?). My only concern is that i spend more time playing at home and recording than jamming and although i hate my neighbours i like my ears.

I would be (if i got the krank revolution) runing it through a 1x12 cab(i have another combo amp which i can bypass the preamp and use it as a speaker). Would i be able to get a decent volume/tone for in home use with this combination. The other idea would be to get a power attenuator but they aint that cheap... any ideas or other amp suggestions

thanks and srry if this has been posted before hand
Have you tried the amp out firsthand?
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
well that's the thing i live in a small town in canada and no guitar stores around carry any krank amplifiers so im pretty much basing my entire opinion on youtube videos and metalocalypse lol
Quote by rottened23
well that's the thing i live in a small town in canada and no guitar stores around carry any krank amplifiers so im pretty much basing my entire opinion on youtube videos and metalocalypse lol

HAHA metalocalypse ftw but they use a POD.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Yea the kranks are really all there cracked up to be, It has a very fizzy buzzy ice pick to the forehead distortion. It respnds nearly identical to a ss amp and less like a tube. I will almost gaurantee you will be dissapointed.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Kranks are love/hate thing. Some people cannot stand them others think they are the best amps ever. You should really see if you could try one out before you purchase. You might love it but you might end up being disappointed if you dont try it first.
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
I haven't had any experience with the big brother, but the JR is a little monster. It is a very good amp IMO. The mid sweep control is awesome it gives it a lot of versatility. The low end is nice and tight and the distortion is great. If I hadn't joined a band when I was buying an amp I would have gone with the Rev Jr Pro instead of my 6505+, but I needed something with more volume b/c we have 2 drummers and they're really loud haha. For your situation I think the Jr would be a better choice b/c you don't need to turn up too loud to get a good tone. However if you think that you may play live in the future you may want to look into a full sized head b/c you don't need to turn up THAT loud to get a good tone especially on a high gain amp.