Okay, our band has had quite a few practices, and we've played songs like "Wings of a Butterfly," by H.I.M. and "Knights of Cydonia," by Muse, and "My Curse," by Killswitch Engage. We've landed a gig, with kids our age, 14 - 15 who mostly listen to rap, and more like radio popular bands like Nickleback and Theory or a Deadman and stuff like that.

So what we're looking for exactly is somethign that will be a crowd pleaser, like something really upbeat but it's still alternative or rock or metal.

Some bands we like are; Muse, Rise Against, Foof Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, Incubus, All That Remains, Pennywise, Led Zepplin, Five Finger Death Punch, RHCP, Saliva, As I lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Protest The Hero, Black Stone Cherry.

You know, stuff like that, any suggestions for a good song?
Quote by cfhwarhead
Cowboys from hell is a cool song and they will know it cuz it was in guitarhero.
EDIT just look at a guitar hero list and pick one.

thats a badass tune!! i didnt kno it was in guitar hero tho.

i say u shouldnt have to play wut kids want you to play. play wut u want, cuz thats wut music should be about. but if u have to play stuff for gay kids, id say anything from guitar hero, i couldnt help u cuz i dont play it really!
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
go into their genre and play Dear God.

bit sappy but it'll keep 'em quiet
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Yeah just play what you want. But play it the ****in hardest you can. If you're not knackered by the end of it, you're doing it wrong
Even if they dont particularly enjoy the music, they'l remember and enjoy a band thats clearly enjoying it too
ABBA
April Etheral - Opeth

that should shut the little 'hero fags up
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
rappers might like rage against the machine...just saying it cud work
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by Gizmo Factory
Wow. Haha, that's great.

i wasn't joking

do it. doitdoitdoitdoit *you know you want to*
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by ldnovelo
play whatever you want. kids are gay

Totally man, when my band played our first gig, we played like "Bulls On Parade," "Killing In The Name," "Raining Blood," and "Come Together," plus one original, but now we just stopped listening to what people wanted us to play. Our bass player chose some of our covers just for the sake that a girl he liked wanted us to play them. So now we play what we want. We are a Funk/Rock Jam Band now. So we now play what we want.

EDIT: And you can't go wrong with a Beatles tune
Quote by Gizmo Factory

Some bands we like are; Muse, Rise Against, Foof Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, Incubus, All That Remains, Pennywise, Led Zepplin, Five Finger Death Punch, RHCP, Saliva, As I lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Protest The Hero, Black Stone Cherry.

You know, stuff like that, any suggestions for a good song?

Foo Fighters - Any song
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
Incubus - Any song
All That Remains - If you know any of the new songs play one of those, otherwise Six or The Air That I Breathe, or This Calling
Led Zepplin - Any song
Five Finger Death Punch - Good band, The Bleeding, if you know how to play The Way of the Fist play that

Only commented on the bands I know much of.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by ldnovelo
play whatever you want. kids are gay

I was going to come in with something practical... but I'll have to wait until I stop laughing.

CT

Okay....

I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating. The whole notion of 'play what you want to play' is admirable from an artistic point of view, but for all practical purposes, it comes down to "who are you playing for?" If you are playing for yourselves, great. Play what you want. As soon as you start down that slippery slope of going somewhere where there are going to be people and setting up your gear in a place you wouldn't otherwise set up, and wanting people to stand or sit there in front of you while you play, THEN you are playing for an audience.

It is unfair to your audience to not play for them. They could be home playing Guitar Hero, or phoning their girlfriend, or watching UFC. They're not. They're there supporting you. Entertain them. Don't masturbate in front of them with songs they could care less about because it makes YOU feel good. That's insulting and selfish, and shows a contempt for their willingness to come see you.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
play fermented offal discharge my necrophagist lol
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by axemanchris
I was going to come in with something practical... but I'll have to wait until I stop laughing.

CT

Okay....

I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating. The whole notion of 'play what you want to play' is admirable from an artistic point of view, but for all practical purposes, it comes down to "who are you playing for?" If you are playing for yourselves, great. Play what you want. As soon as you start down that slippery slope of going somewhere where there are going to be people and setting up your gear in a place you wouldn't otherwise set up, and wanting people to stand or sit there in front of you while you play, THEN you are playing for an audience.

It is unfair to your audience to not play for them. They could be home playing Guitar Hero, or phoning their girlfriend, or watching UFC. They're not. They're there supporting you. Entertain them. Don't masturbate in front of them with songs they could care less about because it makes YOU feel good. That's insulting and selfish, and shows a contempt for their willingness to come see you.

CT

I agree so much.
I say.. Play them something so evil that it will blow their mind.. Like.. Preteen Death**** by Nattefrost, or ***** Filthy ***** by Nattefrost aswell. Its good stuff.. And i think it will somehow give you some kind of respect.. Or people being scared of you.. Almost the same.
+1 axeman, but i'm 15 and i'm neither my band or i am gay, so that's not always a true statement!

with my band, we've found that the shows are better when we like what we play and when the crowd likes it too. You need to find that "balance." There are a lot of bands around here that play what they think is cool and the crowd think's they're the stupidest people on earth. and that doesn't make a fun show.
Yes, you certainly have to play stuff you like. But, exactly as you say... there is a balance whereby there HAS to be some stuff that you like to play that the audience will like too.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
well if your into the foo fighters then i suggest "My Hero" as it is a kickass song and is pretty well know. it should get you a pretty good reception if you pull it off right. although one thing to remember is that dave goes insane when he is onstage, so your really gonna have to put in.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?