I'm not entirely sure how many notes tor pick per beat. If I'm at 100bpm and I'm playing like a 1234 chromatic pattern in eighth notes, I should pick twice for every beat,meaning I should pick the last(4th note) on the second beat right? And if i was playing sixteenth notes I would pick all four notes on one beat is that right??? I have no idea how to keep track of timing when using a metronome! Tell me if I'm doing it right
People are always trying to fascinate themselves with their own intellect.
You can pick as many times you want in a beat, so long as it stays in time. You can even skip beats if you want!

But yes, for 8th notes, you pick twice per click, the 4th note will be just before the second click, the 5th note is right on the second click.
You've got the concept. I can't actually work with a metronome over 120bpm.. Which is weird coz I can pick and fret a lot faster, I just can't get co-ordinated =[
a sixteenth note (in _/4 time signature) gets a 4th of a beat. if you tap your foot in rhythm, theres a note halfway up, at the top of the tap (the upbeat), half way down, and at the bottom on the beat (the down beat). as you do this think 1- E -an -ah, 2-E -an - ah, etc. if the time signatures 4/4, theres four counts or beats to a measure.

im in band, so i know a lot about music theory, lol. hope that helps.
-Christian?
2,1 = metronome clicks *THIS EXAMPLE IS IN 4/4 TIME*

8 = eights note

16 = sixteenth note

===================================
eigth pattern

8 8...8 8...8 8...8 8...8 8...8 8...8 8...8 8 *etc*

sixteenth pattern

8888...8888...8888...8888...8888...8888...8888...8888 *etc*

try to nod the 1 and 2's while making the note sound by sayin it out loud, hope that helps you understand
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Last edited by bigtimmy at Aug 19, 2008,
ah soz man tried to line up the numbers, it aint workin

look listen to simple 4/4 rock song and listen to the high hats on the drums, get the the feel of it. put down the guitar and just hand slap ur knees to get it down.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic