Ive heard great things about mesa cabs. Im thinking about selling my 212 because of the lack of bass and overall sound. Are mesa cabs as good as everyone says. If so, im not too knowledgeable on speaker choice. I have a feeling v30's wouldnt be too great for a 6505, but what do you guys think?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
get an avatar cab, with greenbacks in it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Do you definitely want a 4x12? You should definitely get loads of low-end out of a 2x12, plus you get the added portability, and the extra mileage for your money - you'll be able to afford a higher end cab.

That said, the Mesa's seem rather overrated. They're good cabs, but nothing to write home about.
If I were you, I'd look into Vader and Orange cabs. If you can stretch to them, the Diezel and Bogner cabs are some of the best around.
Quote by Nolly
Do you definitely want a 4x12? You should definitely get loads of low-end out of a 2x12, plus you get the added portability, and the extra mileage for your money - you'll be able to afford a higher end cab.

That said, the Mesa's seem rather overrated. They're good cabs, but nothing to write home about.
If I were you, I'd look into Vader and Orange cabs. If you can stretch to them, the Diezel and Bogner cabs are some of the best around.

I have a 212, and im really not getting much low end out of it. Not a ton of oopmph, even at high volume. Ive tried all sorts of eq,s im just not getting good bass resone, even with a ported cab.

Orange cabs are good for metal...?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I have a 212, and im really not getting much low end out of it. Not a ton of oopmph, even at high volume. Ive tried all sorts of eq,s im just not getting good bass resone, even with a ported cab.

Orange cabs are good for metal...?

Strange. Well, don't write off 2x12s till you've tried some others.

And yeah, contrary to their image, Orange cabs are fantastic for metal. They're the most solidly built cabs on the market, combined with their smaller size means you get juicy fat, thick tone, with a really tight low end. Don't let their image put you off, and you can special order them in black for no extra charge too (check my sig to see mine).
Nolly, I want your gear.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
if i were you i would definatley try the mesa recto cab,...i have tried many cabs,...and there by far the best i have found for the sound i am after..(bass you can feel,..note definition,..)

not sure if your the dude that posted about the 6505 earlier..but seriously try one out with your head...i have a xxx and cant tell you how happy i am with my rig.

good luck
Quote by Nolly
Then, clearly, you have good taste.

Well my love for Tool has led me to getting the VH4 in a few months hopefully.

And my love of Sikth has led me to the Blackmachine being a 21st present I feel.

Nice playing though btw
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Avatars are great if you are on a budget, but if you can get better, then I don't see why not.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Well my love for Tool has led me to getting the VH4 in a few months hopefully.

And my love of Sikth has led me to the Blackmachine being a 21st present I feel.

Nice playing though btw

Nice taste in music as well then chap.

Diezels and Blackmachines are certainly something to aspire to. I spermed over Blackmachines for a good three years before I finally got one. And now I've got another two on the way..
Quote by Nolly
Nice taste in music as well then chap.

Diezels and Blackmachines are certainly something to aspire to. I spermed over Blackmachines for a good three years before I finally got one. And now I've got another two on the way..

Yea. Every London Guitar show I play them together and have a heart attack.

I'm only 17 now so the Blackmachine is atleast 4 years away. Probably have to order it now to get done by then The Diezel is more realistic and easier to explain as I just bought a new guitar not too long ago. I think running it in stereo with the 5150 would be a cool idea.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I think running it in stereo with the 5150 would be a cool idea.

I think that once you have the VH4, you won't have much use for the 5150

Apologies for the thread derailment
Probably, but I live in hope as I love the 5150 It's as old as I am.

Yea, sorry bout going totally off topic.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I saw the black orange cabs cost another $100 on humbuckermusic.com

are there other places that have the black ones for the same price as the orange color?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I saw the black orange cabs cost another $100 on humbuckermusic.com

are there other places that have the black ones for the same price as the orange color?

Strange, sure it was an identical cab?

Any Orange dealer should be able to order them in an no extra cost. You may have to wait a month or so for them to build it though.
Quote by dcdossett65
yup.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/or4xcabinblp.html

Ill look around for some orange dealers. I think emerald city music can get them in seattle, but we will see.

Weird, that is the standard PPC412. Oh well, they obviously think they can make some extra money from punters who don't know better. Shame on them.

Anyway, yeah, get in touch with one of the other dealers and ask them about it.

Quote by guitarbite.fire
listen to anything nolly says ...he has a diezel!!!

Haha, thanks, but there are plenty of people with Diezels whose opinion I'd never trust.
Dude if you want massive lowend then go with a Vader 2x15 600w cab. All the low end you'l ever need