i want to lower the action on my strat, but i'm not sure how to go about doing that. halp?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
tiny allen wrench, on the front face of each saddle, there are two pegs that raise and lower that string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
tiny allen wrench, on the front face of each saddle, there are two pegs that raise and lower that string.

so i don't have to mess with the truss rod?
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
nope.

just adjust the truss rod, if raising at the bridge doesnt work.

if you just cant get low action, or eliminate buzz transmitted thru the amp.

if you want to look at the truss rod then repost for info.
you should never just turn the nut.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
okay so i adjusted the bridge and it lowered the action, but then it created a crap load of dead spots. how could i keep the action low but not have dead spots?
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
haha. that's the hard part... you want to spend 120 bucks to get it plek'd or do you want to not pay and live with heightened action?
that's what happens. you gotta fret redress(evening) or heighten the action. buzz and "dead spots" are becuase your frets are uneven.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
haha. that's the hard part... you want to spend 120 bucks to get it plek'd or do you want to not pay and live with heightened action?
that's what happens. you gotta fret redress(evening) or heighten the action. buzz and "dead spots" are becuase your frets are uneven.

well of course they're not even. strat necks have a more rounded fret board than other necks so they're not straight like on let's say an ibanez.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew