a foolproof way to fix scratched disks without spending any money. Ive tried the toothpaste thing but havent ever gotten it to work... So any help would be appreciated
Buy a new one.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
mcgyver a time machine out of paper clips and go back to before you scratched them
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I once rubbed peanut butter on one, then submerged it in olive oil......didnt work
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
...yeah the best idea so far its the time machine...
i had one...but believe it or not...it doesnt work as well as you'd think..
Quote by Capua47
cancel the scratches out with more scratches.

^ +1

put alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on them then wipe it off its what i do or just download music off the internet loi
Actually there is search on youtub's something like banana+cd+scratches. A friend of mine show me that. Dunno if it's real.
Quote by biga29
I once rubbed peanut butter on one, then submerged it in olive oil......didnt work

I can show you something else you can rub peanut butter on.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Once my friend told me that you can fix it really easily with a paper clipand a lighter. first, you gotta look at the scratch to see how big it is. Once you eye it out, find a paper clip about the same size as the scratch. But remember, it's better if the paper clip is too small than too big. too big will never work. Okay, then, what you've gotta do is heat up the paperclip 'til it's nice and hot, but not too hot. but don't worry too much about the little details, it's not like you're doin' something illegal, like raping children. then you take your paperclip (while it's still hot) and rub the scratch with the end that you bent into the paperclip. Let the scratch get melted full of plastic. Let it dry and enjoy; your cd is now fixed.
i tried toothpaste. doesn't work. or you can get it buffed. like they sorta shave off the top plastic part that is scratched. of course, if you do it too much, you'll totally ruin the cd. however, this does involve some money if you want it done professionally

or just buy a new one
Quote by mr.happyman
Once my friend told me that you can fix it really easily with a paper clipand a lighter. first, you gotta look at the scratch to see how big it is. Once you eye it out, find a paper clip about the same size as the scratch. But remember, it's better if the paper clip is too small than too big. too big will never work. Okay, then, what you've gotta do is heat up the paperclip 'til it's nice and hot, but not too hot. but don't worry too much about the little details, it's not like you're doin' something illegal, like raping children. then you take your paperclip (while it's still hot) and rub the scratch with the end that you bent into the paperclip. Let the scratch get melted full of plastic. Let it dry and enjoy; your cd is now fixed.

Yes because the plastic will do wonders when the "reader" reads it instead of the data on the actual disc?
Lick it all over. It works!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by yoshixxx7
Lick it all over. It works!

i have somthing else you can lick all over (teeheehee)
Semen. It's the only wai!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by dragen_slair
...yeah the best idea so far its the time machine...
i had one...but believe it or not...it doesnt work as well as you'd think..

I have one too! It only goes forward at regular speed though, its essentially a cardboard box and on the outside I wrote time machine.
Last edited by sglover34479 at Aug 19, 2008,
You could try this one thing I heard about once. It's realy kinda hard and complicated.

It's called:

KEEPING YOUR F*CKING CD'S IN THEIR CASE!

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.