Hey everyone i was looking for the cheapest way to record guitar and vocals seperately, and then mix them to fit. I need to know everything any help is appreciated!
Lexicon Lambda and Audacity.....tis what I use and I love it
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Cheap and easy?

1. 2 Channel M-Audio Mic Interface
2. Shure SM-58 mic for vocals/Shure SM-57 mic for guitar (or you can plug the guitar directly into one of the 2 M-Audio inputs)
3. Garageband

It might take a few google search entries to find out how to get everything to work together. As for Garageband it is nowhere near good, but it will put some decent demos out there for you. I would've suggested Digital Performer but it is a lot more expensive and more complicated to work.
1) mic of your choice (preferably a condenser)
2) Mic to 1/4 cord
3)1/4 to 1/8 adapter
4) Computer with mic in jack
5) Audacity

Yeah this is as cheap as you can go. This is the whole sepup for around 30 dollars and up.
Granted not the best quality by anymeans but. . . . you said cheap.

-Ryan
Quote by Max-Roach
Cheap and easy?

1. 2 Channel M-Audio Mic Interface
2. Shure SM-58 mic for vocals/Shure SM-57 mic for guitar (or you can plug the guitar directly into one of the 2 M-Audio inputs)
3. Garageband

It might take a few google search entries to find out how to get everything to work together. As for Garageband it is nowhere near good, but it will put some decent demos out there for you. I would've suggested Digital Performer but it is a lot more expensive and more complicated to work.

and i forgot to add this---you could look into this interface.----- http://www.realproaudio.com/product_info.php/products_id/2464 ----the M-Audio interface has pre amps. You WANT to have pre's when you record guitar. you can find it for MUCH much cheeper on ebay or craigslist. I would suggest ebay and craiglist for the Shure SM-58 and Shure SM-57. just remember when you buy somthing from Ebay make sure its in good condition, and check their Buyer/Seller rating to make sure what your buying from them is what they describe. Also, with craigslist, take some time to read the description, somtimes ive been a little lazy and thought i was ready to buy, and then i took one more glace and noticed it wasnt what i wanted.

Last edited by Max-Roach at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
1) mic of your choice (preferably a condenser)
2) Mic to 1/4 cord
3)1/4 to 1/8 adapter
4) Computer with mic in jack
5) Audacity

Yeah this is as cheap as you can go. This is the whole sepup for around 30 dollars and up.
Granted not the best quality by anymeans but. . . . you said cheap.

-Ryan

phantom power?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
^ thats only if you get condenser. And they do have condensers with built in phantom.
So i guess you could add to the list a possible power block (real name escapes me at the moment).