ya..my rhythm pick-up cuts out alot...it sounds like the volume to it is at 1 but it is at 10 and when i swtich to the treble pickup it works 100% all the time..it is just the rhythem pick up sounds very quite and for about 5seconds every once in awhile does it ever sound as loud as it should...is it a problem with the wireing..or the instrment cord i am useing or the amp?..anything anyone can tell me would help =) thanks
^im assuming a lp of some sort cuz he refered to the neck pickup as rythm
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
play with the switch. blow it out with compressed air. if you dont have any then open it and check the connections there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SoLgEr
^im assuming a lp of some sort cuz he refered to the neck pickup as rythm

So many guitars have that though...PRS Gibson ESP

It's probably a lose wire somewhere. Like to the switch or pots.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
my SG 310 does that.
I just have to go to middle position and then back to neck to get it working
Quote by tipsy31191
my SG 310 does that.
I just have to go to middle position and then back to neck to get it working

i tried that it didnt work.
Quote by jj1565
play with the switch. blow it out with compressed air. if you dont have any then open it and check the connections there.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Artemis Entreri
So many guitars have that though...PRS Gibson ESP

It's probably a lose wire somewhere. Like to the switch or pots.

well the treble pick-up works just like new..and the rhythem pick-up works sometimes..so u think i should open it up and see if any wires are loose..is that gunna be...ok for someone who ha no F@#$ing idea what im doing lol =)
haha yeah, you;ll be fine.

epi switches fail ALL THE TIME. i love mine, but i;ve personally replaced over 4 epi switches now.

so if blowing air (computer store) doesnt work, then you can try blowing small amount of WD40 (pot cleaner with lube is better if you have any) into the switch, flicking it then letting it dry before plugging in.

or you can bite the bullet and swap out that switch for about $30.

or $10 if you solder it urself.

that's the bottom of the switch cavity in an epi.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 19, 2008,
So..idk how to get the switch off...........so...ya..lol........i am just gunna give it to a store to fix..i am gunna have to get a switch anyway so..thanks for the help =)
ok no prob.
but if you were going to spray the switch you could just spray into the switch. no need to take anything off.

and that pic is from the back of the guitar. there's a little circle plastic cover.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

OOOOOO...right right right right right right right....is spraying it really going to make a difference??.....ok i'll try it..but idk...probly opening the back and wiggling stuff around sounds like it would do more for me lol =)..but ill try it
tell me what you have to spray and how you plan on doing it before spraying.

i want to make sure we're on the same page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

um..i was going to blow compressed air onto the switch...that's what it sounded like everyone was talking about....like blow it directly onto the switch??
yep that's fine. that might just blow out the dirt.
flick the switch several times while blowing air.

i just wanted to make sure you werent going to find something random in the garage to shoot in there.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

lol..ok thanks for the help i'll probly have to give it to the store or ask here again if it doesnt work but i hope it does lol thanks alot for the advice =)
Ok now i am really pissed off cuss i have lived with a F#$ked up rhythempick up for like 5 months and all i had to do to fix it was to blow some air in it and flick the switch for 30secs...=) lol