My technique when it comes to pulling off normally is fine, but when I pull off to open strings, I'm having a bit of trouble. When I normally do a pull off, I typically drag the string down a little before lifting my finger off. I do this when pull off to open strings as well but i noticed that the open note rings out too much. Am I doing this right or is there a more efficient way to pulling off to open strings?
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
How you're doing pull-offs is correct. What is the action like on your guitar? If it is too high this can contribute to crappy sounding pull-offs to an open string.
The action on my guitar is about a half centimeter.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Quote by sum1udunno
The action on my guitar is about a half centimeter.

Your strings are half a centimeter off the fretboard??!! Holy sh*t! That's way high. That is the cause of your problems for sure.
About how high should the action be?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Not stating this as gospel or anything but I find the width of a penny in between a fret and the string works the best for most people.

I actually stick a penny in between the fret and string and lower the string until they touch.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur