Just out of curiosity what would you guys say would be the best mesa boogie combo amp for blues?
Last edited by Brian8878682 at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by guitar/bass76
Yeah - the lone star is the most suitable, but certainly not the best blues amp.

what do you think the best blues amp is?
you have to be a bit more specific about what "blues" tone you're looking for. This is like asking "what amp is good for rock?"

British blues or American blues?
Quote by al112987
you have to be a bit more specific about what "blues" tone you're looking for. This is like asking "what amp is good for rock?"

British blues or American blues?

im sure i sound like a dumbass here but i am new to guitar and blues can someone tell me what the **** british blues is please? lol i dont mean where it comes from i mean like some examplkes of songs i may know that are british blues because it seems that the only blues ive been listening to is american blues i new that british blues existed but i dont really know wtf it is? lol

hey al112987 i live in high point NC
Quote by Brian8878682
im sure i sound like a dumbass here but i am new to guitar and blues can someone tell me what the **** british blues is please? lol i dont mean where it comes from i mean like some examplkes of songs i may know that are british blues because it seems that the only blues ive been listening to is american blues i new that british blues existed but i dont really know wtf it is? lol

hey al112987 i live in high point NC

Nice, I'm actually from Greensboro, but I'm going to school in Chapel Hill right now.

The quintessential and most publicized British blues album is John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (or "Beano"). Listen to tracks "Hideaway," "All Your Love," those are the most common examples. Or on the heavier side and getting more into British hard rock territory, Led Zeppelin's reditions of "You Shook Me," and "I Can't Quit You Babe".
well by british blues or american blues i think they are talking more about how the amps are voiced. such as marshalls being british voiced and fenders more american voiced. correct me if im wrong.
Wat?

Seriously, Mesa for blues? Why?

Not saying you can't play blues with a mesa, but few people think mesa when you talk blues.

But.

LSS.
Quote by enalsisiht
well by british blues or american blues i think they are talking more about how the amps are voiced. such as marshalls being british voiced and fenders more american voiced. correct me if im wrong.

Well, the way it was played is quite different as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2tEP3I3DM

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qmKnXBmPY8

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXI1zZbGIc

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZA5jwAGDCQ
Quote by imgooley
Wat?

Seriously, Mesa for blues? Why?

Not saying you can't play blues with a mesa, but few people think mesa when you talk blues.

But.

LSS.

i was just curiose
Quote by al112987
Nice, I'm actually from Greensboro, but I'm going to school in Chapel Hill right now.

The quintessential and most publicized British blues album is John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (or "Beano"). Listen to tracks "Hideaway," "All Your Love," those are the most common examples. Or on the heavier side and getting more into British hard rock territory, Led Zeppelin's reditions of "You Shook Me," and "I Can't Quit You Babe".

ill check that out but i think im leaning more towards american
Quote by Brian8878682
i was just curiose

hey Brian,

another idea may be to simply start a thread specifying your budget, genres, playing environment, guitar, new or used, and preferences so far.

nothing wrong with creating threads to ask questions and you are doing some good research but you just kinda seem all over the board right now and focused on higher end amps out of the gate. good luck.
Attachments:
brian amps.JPG
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
hey Brian,

another idea may be to simply start a thread specifying your budget, genres, playing environment, guitar, new or used, and preferences so far.

nothing wrong with creating threads to ask questions and you are doing some good research but you just kinda seem all over the board right now and focused on higher end amps out of the gate. good luck.

lol thats kinda funny and yea the mesa boogie thing was just to see what people would say im not really intrested in mesa's i was just a little curiouse to see if they made a mesa for blues but maybe i will make that thread
well, so my only point is that there are some of us that vested already in helping you find an amp and have taken their personal time to help - which is why I suggested starting over with some basics and background from you - instead of creating things just to see what people say when you are not really interested in such to begin with.

Sorry - several run-on sentances thar.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well, so my only point is that there are some of us that vested already in helping you find an amp and have taken their personal time to help - which is why I suggested starting over with some basics and background from you - instead of creating things just to see what people say when you are not really interested in such to begin with.

Sorry - several run-on sentances thar.

i understand i posted a new a thread with the stuff u suggested
Quote by Brian8878682
i understand i posted a new a thread with the stuff u suggested

Mesa boogie express series can do it pretty damn well.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Im Having The Same Problem I Know I Want A Mesa Boogie I Play Jazz And Blues So Im Looking Into Either The Express 550 Or Lonestar .......im So Confused.
My Roadking has great blues tone with the single coils, however there are much cheaper great blues amps than Mesa if you don't need the gain.
Triple Rectifier FTW....dont mind me but that amp is my legacy.
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12