I have a Jackson DKMGT, Incredible Guitar. It's one of the older ones that has the EMG Turbocharger installed in it. I bought this thing used and it came with a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge.

Lately, however, every now and then it makes this crackling noise when I'm not playing. It's similar to the sound of a dirty volume pot except I don't even touch the volume and it still makes this noise. It's not constant, it's just a series of buzzes. When i touch any of the three knobs, the sound goes away entirely. Also, the sound is only audible on the bridge pickup which is the Dimarzio X2N.

Anyone wanna help me out here?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4PUMK6ehA
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Last edited by amped00 at Aug 19, 2008,
sounds like a ground wire to the jack or from that pickup is loose or has fallen off completely.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it's a grounding issue
Proud owner of:
1981 Carvin X100B
1987 Strat Plus w/ DiMarzios
BBE Main Squeeze
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-7
Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah
loose wire, to the jack or from that pickup.

dimarzio ground wire is green i think.

and the wire to the jack is probably black.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks a bunch.

i'll have someone look at it.

cuz i'm pretty sure i do not own a soldering iron :P
ok well at least take off the jack rel quick, make sure the 2 wires are still attached.

also, swap out ur guitar cable just to be sure. these shouldnt be the problem tho, becuase it's a one pup problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

like unscrew it from the outside?

yeah to take the plate off, 2-4 screws.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah all the wires are there
ok then if you want, you can take off the back cavity look for loose wires (unless it's a pickguard style guitar. )
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

these wires are quite bunched and taped up but i dont see anything out of the ordinary
yeah some times it's really hard to tell. it would have been nice to find an obvious problem, but it could be on there just not correctly.

if you feel in over ur head, then take it in, let them check the wires, see if they can find the bad connection.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thats what i'll do

my friends dad does this stuff so it wont cost me too much.

thank you so much for your quick reply, you helped a lot.

you too, Will Eaton haha
ok good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62