Page 1 of 2
Too many threads that spam the precious pit about starting school (High School especially). SO, upperclassmen, and students in general, post info for other students! All info will be gathered in the first post.

your probably not gonna get any attention from upperclassmen, so i wouldnt try to suck up to em, they'll just look at you like your retarded.

dont be a jerk to a upperclassman, they'll make your life hell.

keep your grades up, you dont wanna be a senior panicking bc your GPA isnt high enough.

take your SAT/ACT early, get a feel for it and work hard.
Last edited by the_strikes at Aug 19, 2008,
Im British, what the **** is an upperclassmen ? [someone in a higher grade ?]
Dont struggle. It'll be over faster that way.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by Zanon

Youve got the idea!

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Avoid teenage drama scene.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
im starting high school soon, i am just gonna hang out with no one. can't really go wrong
Quote by Zanon

9th grade-freshman

10th grade-sophomore----|
11th grade-junior------------|-------------->upperclassmen
12th grade-senior-----------|
dont suck like the last guy that walked in before you
...signature...
Quote by samick007
if your a freshman, don't be an idiot (which may be impossible)

No matter what a freshman does, it is stupid. There is no way to avoid it. Just try to be less stupid then the other freshman. Also be as outgoing as you can, the more things you do, the more people will know you. Have a group of friends you hang with, but don't confine yourself to that one group. Get to know and be friends with everyone.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by reformmusic
sleep w/ senior chicks

Ha!

I found that rather funny.

Its unlikely and possibly illegal.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Don't bring a guitar to school. You'll look like a poser.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Dimebag Dave

+1111111

I new a kid who brought his F-50 to school and actually walked back and forth through the courtyard to get people to notice him.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by pucci6d6
9th grade-freshman

10th grade-sophomore----|
11th grade-junior------------|-------------->upperclassmen
12th grade-senior-----------|

i've never concidered a sophomore to be a upperclassman.

your probably not gonna get any attention from upperclassmen, so i wouldnt try to suck up to em, they'll just look at you like your retarded.

dont be a jerk to a upperclassman, they'll make your life hell.

keep your grades up, you dont wanna be a senior panicking bc your GPA isnt high enough.

take your SAT/ACT early, get a feel for it and work hard.

theres a few nuggets of wisdom for ya
Remember that every single thing that happens in high school and every choice you make is the most important thing that will ever happen in your life and should be dealt with in the most dramatic way possible.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Dimebag Dave

Grrr, with their open chords.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by tremeloud
Remember that every single thing that happens in high school and every choice you make is the most important thing that will ever happen in your life and should be dealt with in the most dramatic way possible.

+1, I can't stress that enough. You need to be as dramatic and bitchy as possible.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
are juniors upperclassmen? or is it just seniors
EDIT: nvm.
freashman, you are not the biggest baddest koolest dudes around. unless your name is chuck norris or jessica simpson. make friends with some upperclassmen. remember, most alot of 11th graders have cars. some 10ths do. that is the key. make friends with people who have cars.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Last edited by u.s.m.c.to-be at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by walker-rose
Dont struggle. It'll be over faster that way.

That sounds more like advice for if you're getting raped rather than starting school.

However.. to freshman/sophomores: Respect the juniors/seniors, keep yourself on the down low (especially if you have a small school that has gossip that spreads like a wildfire in California), keep a tight-knit group of friends that share the same interests as you.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Dimebag Dave

+1

There was a kid (The Stereotypical Blonde haired skinny as **** kid) that (used) to be popular in my school, every guy and every non-shallow girl immediatly thought he was a poser, he did it again, now nobody talks to him.
Quote by Cynoxx
GH is birthing posers. 99% of players did not even know who Buckethead or Dragonforce were before Guitar Hero, but now they prance around saying how much of a fan they are. I hate that fucking game.

Don't We All
I failed half my classes last year, and I've never failed before, I just stopped caring...
also since it's still summer i'm gonna pretend school's a myth created by the goverment to opress the youth.
Don't wait outside your class ages before the bell rings.

Don't try to look cool in front of older kids, we're on to your games.
get involved with extra-curriculars, its the best way to make upper-classmen friends and it looks good on your resume, also do volunteer work.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
to all incoming freshmen dont listen to people when they say if u try to be friends with upperclassmen they will make ur life a living hell. those people r just assholes. being a freshmen isnt that bad.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Quote by Just Andrew
Avoid teenage drama scene.

This. No, seriously, this.

That and don't hold back anything you have to say, whether it be speaking up in class or with relationships.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
K, so this is a brand new highschool (they're still building it) we're gonna be the first Freshmen in and last year we were known for vandalizing our middle school. Do that this year or will we be pwned by upperclassmen?
Don't try to be the top dog your school. It won't work, and you will fail.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Soul Power
This. No, seriously, this.

That and don't hold back anything you have to say, whether it be speaking up in class or with relationships.
Also this

It's hard to maintain the two, though. I say, if something bad relationship happens to you, just screw it and forget about it.

After all is said and done, you can't go pleasing everyone one, so screw it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Oh, and get involved with school, like student council or clubs. You will meet new people and your HS experience will be enjoyable.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Be friends with the kids in the marching band because they are always one of four things.

1.) Stoners- know where to get good pot.

2.)Intelligent- know how to do your homework.

3.)GOOD Musicians- you are on a guitar site so you should like musicians.

4.)CREEPY- steer away.

there's one in four chance you'll find someone to hang out with, at least that's how it is in my high school. I am in the band. I used to smoke pot, I'm smart and I'm a good musician.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Plus I know this from Middle School but I assume it applys in high school. Don't try to be "popular" everyone has their own share of popularity as every one has their own share of fame wether you're world famous or famous in your neighborhood is like wether you're popular in your close circle of friends or the most popular person in the school. Just worry about yourself because noone wants to hang around "that guy".
get good grades... i was on two sports teams so that helped to meet new people, just don't be a ****ing ass, and dont stick to an older sibling like your attached at the hip... also good luck as i am joining you as a freshman again but in college which is where its at yo...
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Page 1 of 2