I posted the acoustic intro a while back and they liked it, so here is the rest, pretty much. It's got a few riffs that I wrote now and a long time ago that I liked but never used anywhere, so I'm glad to finally use them. There are some long annoying stretches of chord progressions, which is where solos are going to be, but I hate tabbing out solos so I just started off with a lick or two and left the rest blank. I hopefully have this recorded and set before August ends.

Please compare the NEW version to the OLD version
Attachments:
akoustikos.zip
akoustikosNEW.zip
Last edited by RPGoof at Aug 23, 2008,
Well. That certainly started off quite well. I like all the sections up until the breakdown, which, on its own is ok, but, in the song, its horrible. It's like a completely different song. The sections after it are pretty good, but the solos need to be finished.

The math section, which isnt very math-y at all, sounds stolen straight from Opeth's album "Ghost Reveries", and again, doesnt fit the song at all. (It's ok to try to be progressive, but prog bands at least have some sense to the songs. Maybe random at times, but still, it makes sense. This, does not, which is my main gripe)

There's really no point to putting this song in Drop D, unless you want to leave in the parts that dont work at all.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Well. That certainly started off quite well. I like all the sections up until the breakdown, which, on its own is ok, but, in the song, its horrible. It's like a completely different song. The sections after it are pretty good, but the solos need to be finished.

The math section, which isnt very math-y at all, sounds stolen straight from Opeth's album "Ghost Reveries", and again, doesnt fit the song at all. (It's ok to try to be progressive, but prog bands at least have some sense to the songs. Maybe random at times, but still, it makes sense. This, does not, which is my main gripe)

There's really no point to putting this song in Drop D, unless you want to leave in the parts that dont work at all.

I called it math because it was running through my head in math class last year
I'll take a look at that Opeth stuff, I've never listened to Opeth, but we'll see... I don't doubt it's part a song, it's happened to me many times before, even if I've never heard the song
And I have to agree with you about that breakdown part... I was thinking about removing it but I just threw it up here to see what you guys though.
As for the solos, I'll probably just improv something when I record it and keep it if it sounds good. I don't like tabbing out solos D:

BTW, do you know what Opeth song it is?
Well, I guess I didnt mean it sounded exactly like a riff, but rather, it could have came right off GR. It sounds like a few of the more chuggy chord progressions, like on Harlequin Forest, Beneath The Mire, or maybe a later part from Ghost of Perdition. But it has a typical type of Opeth rhythm.

But, it still got me thinking 'Where have I heard this (or something like it) before??"
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
a great, great song.
but it seemed like it was 2 or 3 songs in one.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
I uploaded a new and updated version, eager to see if you guys like how I improved it. I'm a little unsure about the transfer from Agreddi to the Outro, but... I sort of have it how I wanted.
Didn't tab out solos either cause I'll just improv them on the recording
I'm not too good with giving in depth reviews but the song starts out very good. Everything sounds fine and it gets better when the distortion comes in. Bar 57, This part was probably my least favorite part. Not to say it sounds bad though. I did feel the clean part went on for a bit too long and I wasn't really a fan of the second guitar solo. The song picks up the pace a lot around 137 and in my opinion, is a great way to transition into the outro and probably may favorite part next to the first solo.

All in all, I give the song an 8.5/10. It would probably be better with singing.
First off all, the new version is MUCH better. I didn´t bother even writing about the old one.

Crit as follows:

Nice Intro, just there´s some odd drumming. You started with the bass drum accenting the off beat notes, why don´t go on with that instead of kicking the 4th beat of every bar?
It goes great with the parts that follow, nothing to crit besides the a bit too-much-root-note bass work. The Start of the Dist. Solo kinda reminds me of a Metallica song. But the last 4 bars weren´t in key. Kinda work on that.The bass part is good, maybe throw in some 16th notes. Just as accents, not the whole 16th shred-orgy. Love the drums in this part . Nice work. Solo was kinda.... empty? I´m a fan of the "Less than too much" Concept, but maybe throw in some more notes for the first barsof the CLEAN solo. Electric Solo was ok, tho. The aggredi part was great, although its a kinad progression we have heard 100 times before. But you did great with the Lead Part to overshadow it. Great outro, ends as it started. Good work, just neew some fine-tuning on some parts I said. 8.5/10
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com