On the Subject of the Internets and floccanaucinihilipilificatious view on them.....

Bestowed by me. And yes, it is a word. Don't ask.

Anyways, I've been having a problem with my internet the past week, and no where I look is there a solution. Essentially, none of my browsers can load certain websites, such as www.adobe.com , dell.com , dreamtheater.net , ect, ect.

Anyways, I've tried everything online, reinstalled everything, even looked for this certain trojan rumored to cause such a problem...

I've come up with nothing. The weird thing is, when I log into the other profile on my computer (XP) then I can access the sites usually...

Also, if it helps, on Firefox, it always says "Page load error" as the error message...

Also, I can connect to sites like UG, if that helps...however, when I open McAfee, and go to the network map, it says I'm disconnected. ..but when I key in my IP into the address bar, and open up my modem settings, it says I'm connected, and according to my modem, I'm connected. I have my firewall on standard protection, and have everything as an exception that should be an exception, ect.

Can anyone help me?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Last edited by yurfinlfntsy at Aug 19, 2008,
Quote by Flying Couch
It's spelled floccinaucinihilipilificatious.

Fuck. I haven't had need for it in so long that I can't spell it
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
...Anybody?
Also, its ETC.

Umm...I really don't have an expansive knowledge on computers, but is there any maybe updated versions of any software you have, that you havent downloaded yet?
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Quote by rocker138
Also, its ETC.

Umm...I really don't have an expansive knowledge on computers, but is there any maybe updated versions of any software you have, that you havent downloaded yet?

No, there isn't.

I've always spelled it "ect..." because when I say it in real life, I'm not screaming it.

If your using spellcheck, yes it will count in wrong, because ETC is a business term used in promotional models.

Therefore, your half right and half wrong.

And I'm Allllllll right.
Quote by greatone_12
reset your router, if that doesn't work I would try setting it up again.

Tried that, and it didn't work.
Do I really have to bump this again?

Surely someone on UG knows...?