ok so just to see what people will say here goes

My Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
My Enviroment: My room and bar venues for gigs
New or used: I want to get a nice amp thats used
Price range: I wont pay more than a thousand bucks for an amp on ebay
(example a i can get a $1300 twin reverb for $700 on ebay that kinda price range)
Music Style: Blues American
Artist I play: Some Jimi Hendrix,BB king,Buddy Guy, Some Queens of the stone age,Some radio head, some black rebel motorcycle club,alot of SRV.
Amps im already looking at: Fender DR,Vox ac30

Other Questions: Would i have the a good thing goin if i decided to get the Fender DR and a good OD pedal? If so what would be a good OD pedal for my music?
ibanez tube screamer
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
OK. go try out a bunch of amps. pick one you like. take it home
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by endless_fight1
OK. go try out a bunch of amps. pick one you like. take it home

lol congradulations uve just been the most unconstructive help ive had all night
you might want to check out a peavey classic 30 with a tubescreamer
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Don't get a Classic 30. They're decent, but not as good as the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Great cleans, should be loud enough for a bar area. I say get a Keeley Modded Tubescreamer or a TS808 (don't get the TS9, the TS808 has a bit more gain and is more transparent).
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by thewhorock
ts-9------better for more bluesy style
ts-808---better for rock style

Are you kidding?? The TS808 is AMAZING for blues.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

The ts808 in my opinion is better than the ts9 for rock and blues. You can get killer blues tones out of it.
Also look for a Peavey Delta Blues. the 15" speaker is really something for lowend. besides the tubescreamer, you may also want to try barber and fulltone od's to give yourself a range of the OD your looking for.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Don't need to go used with your budget, you can get a new Traynor

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

Or the YCV40 if you want a punchier upper midrange...basically the 50 is a bit more Marshally, the 40 a bit more Fendery.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-YCV40T-40-2x10-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speakers?sku=480960

No need for an OD pedal either
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Don't need to go used with your budget, you can get a new Traynor

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

Or the YCV40 if you want a punchier upper midrange...basically the 50 is a bit more Marshally, the 40 a bit more Fendery.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-YCV40T-40-2x10-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speakers?sku=480960

No need for an OD pedal either

those traynors look sexy but i dont know anything about them what the hell are they lol? tell me a bit about them will they produce a good blues sound?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yeah, if you've got the money for a better OD do it. Delta Blues is a good idea and the Laney's have nice cleans (I hear) but may be more British voiced.

What is Craigslist showing?

umm my craigslist sucks for my area but i havent checked yet im really liking the idea of a fender DR and a ts808 but those traynors looked nice with the v30's in the back ive never herd a laney or a delta blues tell me about them?
Quote by Brian8878682
those traynors look sexy but i dont know anything about them what the hell are they lol? tell me a bit about them will they produce a good blues sound?

They do awesome blues sounds, and much more besides. The 50 will do anything up to old school heavy metal tones like Iron Maiden, the 40 is a bit brighter and punchier and sounds more like fender-type amp.

There's plenty of Traynor threads around at the mo, just have a read through them,

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=297368
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by VoodooCow229
Don't get a Classic 30. They're decent, but not as good as the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Great cleans, should be loud enough for a bar area. I say get a Keeley Modded Tubescreamer or a TS808 (don't get the TS9, the TS808 has a bit more gain and is more transparent).

Well those are too completely out of touch amps! if it were like a C30 to an HRD I'd argue but yeah a Deluxe Reverb can indeed pown a C30...

I would reccomend a used DR and a Maxon-OD808
Love how everyone saw SRV and said "Tube screamer kthxbai".
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Highwaytohell
Well those are too completely out of touch amps! if it were like a C30 to an HRD I'd argue but yeah a Deluxe Reverb can indeed pown a C30...

I would reccomend a used DR and a Maxon-OD808

I think you meant those are two completely different amps not 'out of touch amps'.

Eitherway, you're right.

Is a Deluxe Reverb too much of an amp for a beginner who's been playing 3 months? I guess not if you have the money and don't want to deal with trading amps later. It would definitely hold it's value i would think.

*cough-craigslist-cough*
Quote by scott58
Also look for a Peavey Delta Blues. the 15" speaker is really something for lowend. besides the tubescreamer, you may also want to try barber and fulltone od's to give yourself a range of the OD your looking for.

+1

The Delta-Blues is an amazing amp1