i am looking for a combo tube amp or micro stack that is good for metal and classic rock under $600 would be nice
hmmmm... b-52 possibly?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
look at used laney
Gear:

2007 Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (MIA)

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25

Yamaha Acoustic

Member of the Eric Johnson Worshippers Club.
hot rod deluxe
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
well, more for metal, or more for classic rock?
i'm partial to the fender stuff under most of the time. you'll need a good distortion pedal to get it going, but it sounds way better than the b52 or other stuff.
marshall stuff doesn't get good till you spend more money. or get it used.
same with peavey. you might want to check out a valveking though. pretty versatile, and not bad for the money.
Quote by lbj273
hot rod deluxe

fits the price but not exactly the genre. i have one myself, its good for classic rock by itself but the distortion sucks.

unless of course he plans on getting a pedal, in which case go for it i highly recommend it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
AHHHHHH NOOOO VALVEKING!!!! It's mediocre at best. Don't listen to the bandwagon. I've played many and none of them were anything special. I would stay away from the Hot Rod Deluxe as the drive on it is pretty muddy and the clean is pretty sterile. Look at the Crate V Series. They're not jaw on the floor amazing, but they'll do rock and hard rock and if you push them hard enough you can get them to do some metal. GC and Musiciansfriend is having a sale on them right now so you can get them pretty cheap and get yourself a good OD pedal to help boost the amp.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by TK1
fits the price but not exactly the genre. i have one myself, its good for classic rock by itself but the distortion sucks.

unless of course he plans on getting a pedal, in which case go for it i highly recommend it.

I actually found the distortion to be quite nice.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by TK1

come on, without an od pedal its pretty bad for classic rock lol with my ts-9 i get some pretty nasty tones though

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

what kind of classic rock were you playing?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Peavey Classic 30 can do it, just dont expect to get tooooo br00tal without an od.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Ummmmm.... watz a tube?

ZOMG<Yous get an spiedr 3 thier, liek s0 br00talz.

Why do people not just go to Musician's Friend or Craigslist and look at the amps within their pricerange?

You can probably find a used silverfaced bassman for that price. I've seen Silverfaced twins go for 400 bucks, and JCM800's go for around 800.

Get on the computer and look.
Quote by imgooley

You can probably find a used silverfaced bassman for that price. I've seen Silverfaced twins go for 400 bucks, and JCM800's go for around 800.

Forget everything I've said. Get a silverface bassman. The OD sound should be very similiar to that of a Marshall JTM45. It will be kinda loud though so you might want an attenuator if you're going to be using it for bedroom practice or playing small venues. With an OD on this amp pushed hard, you could do some metal.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Check out some of Kustom's stuff. I have a TRT-100 all tube head that's a beast and a half. One of their Coupes or whatever they're called would make a decent amp for what you want. Plus they just look cool with the Tuck N' Roll covering like the older cars had for interiors
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by VoodooCow229
AHHHHHH NOOOO VALVEKING!!!! It's mediocre at best. Don't listen to the bandwagon. I've played many and none of them were anything special. I would stay away from the Hot Rod Deluxe as the drive on it is pretty muddy and the clean is pretty sterile. Look at the Crate V Series. They're not jaw on the floor amazing, but they'll do rock and hard rock and if you push them hard enough you can get them to do some metal. GC and Musiciansfriend is having a sale on them right now so you can get them pretty cheap and get yourself a good OD pedal to help boost the amp.

ok, sorry. you're right on that one. don't know what i was thinking. mainly that it's one of the cheaper ones you can get new. if the man's going to go used, my advice is be extremely careful. i've seen people try to pawn off some ****ed up tube gear in my day. check EVERYTHING. all the outputs, inputs, footswitch, and, if possible, compare it to a brand new one. it would really blow to have a bum amp or spend $400, only to have to get it retubed in a month.
but i have heard that jessica alba has herpes. don't know if i'd sleep with her under those circumstances. but if she's clean, and i don't have to listen to her "acting," i'd most definitely be all over that.
Krank Rev Jr is cool if you're practicing with it.
Are you going to be using this amp to jam in a band or anything you may have?
I don't want to sound like the guy who thinks "I'm always right" but this wasn't originally my suggestion. To speak in terms of ultimate playability and sound, the Silverface Bassman would be totally kickass. You might pay a bit for shipping because it's heavy but if you get it you will never regret it.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by imgooley

Why do people not just go to Musician's Friend or Craigslist and look at the amps within their pricerange?

Get on the computer and look.

Dude if I had a nickle for every time I said the exact same thing... + my life to this post.