There isn't an Engl dealer anywhere near where I live, so I don't have the option to try one out personally, but I am interested in this amp. Would this be a good amp for tones like Chimaira, Nevermore, Opeth, Machine Head, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Meshuggah, etc.

I'm really after a tone similar to what Zakk Wylde had in "No More Tears", except a little heavier. Or the tone in Six Feet Under's cover of "T.N.T", that's an amazing tone I would love to have. If this amp doesn't produce tones like that, what would be a good alternative to it?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Powerball FTW.

They have heavenly amounts of gain, more than is humanly possible to use...still, its all versatile for metal tones.
Well i was originally looking at the Powerball, but I think 4 channels is a bit of an overkill... I wish they made a Fireball with more than 1 though.

What do people think of the Genz Benz El Diablo? It's in the same price range at the Fireball, but it has 2 channels and other goodies
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Well i was originally looking at the Powerball, but I think 4 channels is a bit of an overkill... I wish they made a Fireball with more than 1 though.

What do people think of the Genz Benz El Diablo? It's in the same price range at the Fireball, but it has 2 channels and other goodies

Stick with the Fireball. Not a fan of the El Diablo.

Screamer would be good too for a bit less.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS