Page 1 of 2
What Do You Guys Think About Them?

Personally, I Love Em
Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen
Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Personally, I Love Em
Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

Oh my god.....

Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Glen Benton drumming? What the f*ck are you listening to?

I'm sure theres already a thread for them too.
favorite band so far. never heard such a more refreshed look at metal. brendon small is amazin'... i also saw them live at the wiltern theatre in los angeles.
Quote by Paydrum91
favorite band so far. never heard such a more refreshed look at metal. brendon small is amazin'... i also saw them live at the wiltern theatre in los angeles.

Thank You For Not Being An Asshole

I Wanted to See Them Live In Myrtle Beach
But, Im Broke
^ no sh*t? I wanted to see them in Myrtle Beach, but i don't think it would have been worth the drive (in Columbia)
Capslock is not the gateway to internet greatness.

Glen Benton? He's Gene Hoglan, you utter penis. I'm going to go ahead and assume you'd never ever heard of him ever before.

Now maybe take this to the massive Dethklok thread to be dissected.
Quote by frozen_soul
the drummer is mediocre at best. brendon small is a good guitarist though

Get the fuck out of the metal forum. Like, right now, before dead-fish comes and tears you to shreds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHgvgdl11s

Seriously, fuck the fucking fuck OFF. Since your only exposure to metal has visibly only been Dethklok, a comedy band at the end of the day, I suggest you actually listen to some more metal and generally do some more reading before you start to pass judgement on one of the most insanely talented drummers metal has ever seen.
Quote by webbtje
Get the fuck out of the metal forum. Like, right now, before dead-fish comes and tears you to shreds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHgvgdl11s

Seriously, fuck the fucking fuck OFF. Since your only exposure to metal has visibly only been Dethklok, a comedy band at the end of the day, I suggest you actually listen to some more metal and generally do some more reading before you start to pass judgement on one of the most insanely talented drummers metal has ever seen.

first of all i listen to many different kinds of metal and i hardly like dethklok anyway. second of all ive never listened to that band and therefore never heard of the drummer. he doesnt do very good drumming in the band dethklok is all, so one would generally assume he isnt that good.
Quote by frozen_soul
first of all i listen to many different kinds of metal and i hardly like dethklok anyway. second of all ive never listened to that band and therefore never heard of the drummer. he doesnt do very good drumming in the band dethklok is all, so one would generally assume he isnt that good.

Then don't assume at all you twat.

He is not called 'The Atomic Clock' for nothing. Outside of Dethklok he has done outstanding drumming in both technical and rhythm standards.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Never heard of Gene Hoglan? So you've never heard of Death, Dark Angel or Strapping Young Lad, yet you listen to 'many different kinds of metal'?
Quote by webbtje
Never heard of Gene Hoglan? So you've never heard of Death, Dark Angel or Strapping Young Lad, yet you listen to 'many different kinds of metal'?

ive heard of these bands, im a fan of death and i DO listen to a lot of metal heres a small list just so u dont get any more butthurt about the subject:

skeletonwitch
abysmal dawn
obituary
cryptopsy
necrophagist
decapitated
early man
pestilence
merciless death

etc etc
Quote by frozen_soul
the drummer is mediocre at best.

Never listen to music ever again in your life.

I mean, I've heard of "fail" before...but god...DAMN.
Quote by webbtje
You're a fan of Death yet you don't know who Gene Hoglan is. Yeah. Sure.

umm ok? good comeback chief
You don't know the drummer who did an outstanding job on Human and Individual Thought Patterns, yet you claim yourself to be a 'Death fan'.

Sure.
Quote by webbtje
You don't know the drummer who did an outstanding job on Human and Individual Thought Patterns, yet you claim yourself to be a 'Death fan'.

Sure.

i didnt say i studied the band members i simply implied i have 2 albums that i enjoy listening to on occasion. i get into too many different kinds of music learn all the band members from every band and death is in no way my favorite band. besides i know who chuck shuldiner is
Oh wow, you know Death's frontman's name and you own two of their albums which you sometimes listen to. What a fan you are.

Least you can do when you make assumptions of a musician's technical skill, especially a session musician (generally speaking the most skilled musicians in any contemporary music scene), is look him/her up and not automatically assume that he's bad just because you've heard one or two songs in which he doesn't do anything spectacular.
Quote by webbtje
Oh wow, you know Death's frontman's name and you own two of their albums which you sometimes listen to. What a fan you are.

Least you can do when you make assumptions of a musician's technical skill, especially a session musician (generally speaking the most skilled musicians in any contemporary music scene), is look him/her up and not automatically assume that he's bad just because you've heard one or two songs in which he doesn't do anything spectacular.

ive heard almost every dethklok song and he isnt good in any of them. im not interested in dethklok enough to research their members so how am i supposed to know that one person that wouldnt even catch my eye to look up in the first place had some sort of alter ego of being a great drummer

EDIT: and by fan i mean someone who likes their music, not someone who obsesses over every detail of their history.
Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Personally, I Love Em

lol. lmao. rofl. lmfao. lol.

Glen Benton is the vocalist/bassist for deicide. HAIL DEICIDE

Also Gene Hoglan is an amazing drummer, you shouldn't judge him based on his performance with just one band.
I leik music
No. This innovative and skilled drummer has an 'alter ego' (if you want to put it that way) of being a drummer who does simple stuff and little more than keeping time for this comedy band that is Dethklok. Not the other way round, thank you very much.
Quote by frozen_soul
the drummer is mediocre at best. brendon small is a good guitarist though

I think this is one of those moment where the old phrase applies,

"don't open your mouth unless you know what you are talking about."
Quote by frozen_soul
well excuuse me

No
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by webbtje
I'd rather gargle broken glass.

thats funny cuz id rather gargle ur moms ass then see u do that.... oh wait no i wouldnt cuz watching that would be funny as ****.. also cuz ur moms ass is disgusting. i would know.
Quote by frozen_soul
thats funny cuz id rather gargle ur moms ass then see u do that.... oh wait no i wouldnt cuz watching that would be funny as ****.. also cuz ur moms ass is disgusting. i would know.

This is the Ultimate-Guitar forum not the "Welcome to the fourth grade" forum
I leik music
Well, I do wonder, sometimes.

^As I'm sure I've already mentioned, likin' the Catch 33 quote.
Quote by frozen_soul

You know you lost when all you have left to say is childish insults.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by frozen_soul

So, you've never heard him but you're assuming he's shit?

Oh lordy.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by webbtje

Spot the 10 year old. Aww, isn't he just the ickle comedian-poo!

oh thats funny, ur saying im immature because i come up with a comeback. what, ur not immature for flaming someone for 2 pgs just because they have an opinion. oh yeah, that makes sense how did i not see it?
Quote by frozen_soul
oh thats funny, ur saying im immature because i come up with a comeback. what, ur not immature for flaming someone for 2 pgs just because they have an opinion. oh yeah, that makes sense how did i not see it?

Just shut the hell up.

Everytime you say something you dig yourself a bigger hole.

I say this for your own good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
Just shut the hell up.

Everytime you say something you dig yourself a bigger hole.

I say this for your own good.

ur right im just gonna stop postin on this thread cuz of all the trolls in this forum im done wit arguin
Quote by frozen_soul
ur right im just gonna stop postin on this thread cuz of all the trolls in this forum im done wit arguin

Trolls ... Like you?
Quote by frozen_soul

Its way past your designated bed time, kiddie.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by frozen_soul

Pegs? Pigs? Pogs? Where did you learn to spell?

Oh, PAGES.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 2